Six month to decide
By quallsrb on
2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I took a long look at Avalon, Acura TL and Buick before buying a Nissan Maxima. I was influenced by the sportiness of the car based on son's inputs in comparisons to all 3 other choices. I liked the Avalon a lot but it felt like an old man's car and overly lavish. The Acura TL was great but the trunk was tiny and it would not hold 2 sets of golf clubs. The Buick had lots of possibilities but it just felt to bulkish and not as well thought out. Shaq's commercial made me look at it twice. It is early but performance has been great, wife loves it and gas mileage is much better than the Volvo XC 90 I traded in. I have only bought Volvo's in the past 5 cars but the XC 90 was terrible.
Favorite Features
navigation screen is a great size. Steering is nice could be a bit stiffer like Mercedes or BMW. So far very pleased. Dealership in Gilbert Arizona did a great job getting me to say yes.
Suggested Improvements
SAT radio trial is not clearly understood to activate. Proximity alarm when backing up or pulling into a parking spot would be nice to avoid potential bumping or scraping another vehicle. More sound deadening, the Avalon was great! Radio scanning from the steering wheel could be made more clear. Phone blue tooth is great with I phone but so many features will take time to learn and have lost some calls as a result of figuring out how to control it. Back seat or navigation movie watching or plug into a video would be nice especially for the back seat. Warranty could be explained better and the term and value could be priced better especially if you keep a car for 10 years like me.