Knock Knock
By dfwtexas on
2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
My 2012 Nissan Maxima also has the knocks at 30 mph...I've had it for 3 months and did not hear it when I first test drove it as well. I have taken it to the dealership and st first they had no clue to what it was...The fleet manager pointed it out that it was the ABS...I totally agree that such a steep price to hear a knock every time is very annoying. I have an appointment with a engineer from Nissan but I have a feeling that is just the way the car is built....We test drove a 2012 with 9 miles and it made the exact same knock at 30.Would love for Nissan to put out a formal report on the issue. I have a feeling it is something that will go wrong sometime down the line.
Favorite Features
Love the way the car handles and the get up and go power. Very comfortable and I must admit the best car I have ever owned. Love all the extra zeon lights under car.
Suggested Improvements
Tire mud guards are worthless....I hand wash my car and detail it myself and tire cleaner always splashes on the side of the car..everytime.
By mementomori
on 01/01/14 18:28 PM (PST)

Are you using premium gasoline (91 octane or higher)? If not, that's probably your issue.

By mdevaux43
on 02/18/13 09:09 AM (PST)

I oned a 2010 Altima and it did the same thing...I took it back to the dealer who showed me the page in the owners manual stating that some cars have that sound at 30mph and that it's the ABS doing some kind of check. I recently traded up to a 2012 Maxima, and mine thankfully doesn't do it. I had to listen to that for three years in the other car!