My Wife wants to drive my Maxima, I don't want to driver her Lexus ES 350! :-)
By sunsonshaan07 on
2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
So I just traded up for the 2012 Nissan Maxima here recently at the end of October. I went with a Black/Black 3.5 SV w/. Premium, Premium Tech and Cold Pkgs as well as the Spoiler, Window Tints, Pin Striping, Wheel Locks and Nitrogen filled Tires (I'm in the Dallas, TX area). I traded in my previous car, a 2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 w/. about 75k miles (got around $8k back for it) and let me tell you I'm not regretting it one bit. I regretted getting a Korean Car more as with the age, the ESC light started to periodically light up and everytime it did, the evergreen Microsoft methodology came to the rescue (i.e, LOL, Shutdown and reboot). I got sick of it after a while.
Favorite Features
1. Bose Audio w/. 2 Subwoofers and Bluetooth Audio Streaming (I stream Pandora and Saavn Radio Apps using this almost daily). 2. The Manual Thigh Support is a huge plus (I'm 5'11" and the seats in my previous were "Dinner Table like" where my Thighs draped down over the front. These seats are far nicer! 3. Spoiler gives the buyer the best of both worlds (Premium feel with the slightly higher profile tires and the Sporty look) 4. Dual Panel Sunroof and Rear Sunshade (I like to have a good amount of top light but on the hotter days, the rear sunglare being blocked definitely helps!)
Suggested Improvements
1. Heated and Cooled Seats for both Front Passenger and Driver as part of the option. Heated Seats for both the rear corner spots. Offer this and you got the Koreans beat! (Not that from an engineering standpoint you didn't in the first place.) 2. Rear Sunshade should move up and down when the Car Transmission is shifted from Drive to Reverse and then back. 3. Memory Seats for Front Passenger 4. Slightly larger Side Mirrors with Power Folding (I've gotten used to the smaller footprint of these mirrors but they could be a little bigger.) 5. Higher Profile Tires for Premium Pkg compared to Sport (There currently isn't much difference between the 18" and 19" Tires. The Side Walls look close.)