2012 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
3rd Maxima
By jspagna1 on 07/16/12 12:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Like the title says this our 3rd Maxima. Just picked it up 2 weeks ago. Car only has 400+ miles. Traded in a loaded 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD and wife just never liked that car and now somes home every day asying she loves her new Maxima. This is our 3rd Maxima. Owned a 92 and still own an 03. You just get a lot of car for the money. Now hopefully it will be as reliable as the first one was. Keep you posted.

Thought I was getting good deal. Nope.
By ja1211 on 06/29/12 12:55 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I now have 15,000 miles on mine. Car would not start over 12 times now. Dash freezes and car does not respond to anything. Dealer told me to keep wrench in car and disconnect battery when it happens. Said they spoke to nissan and nissan is working on a fix. Called Nissan customer service and they have no record of dealer calling. Volume knob does not work some times, nav resets randomly, radio does not work randomly, passenger seat is completely loose, very loud on highway speeds with windows up and Nissan does not stand behind their products. Called them to say swap me out, get me into something else. Both dealer and Corp will not talk to me until 12 months into lease.

Nice car
By vincevw329 on 06/18/12 06:15 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My wife just picked this out and has been driving it a month now. I drive it on the weekends and we just took a small road trip. I drive a 1yr old VW on a daily basis. The experience with the dealer was very nice. The salesperson was knowledgeable and helpful and seemed genuinely looking out for our best interest. The service department was also very professional, we had to have a cup holder lid fixed. As other reviewers point out, the car has plenty of power, drives easy but has significant understeer. It's clear that most people recognize the car as an entry level luxury/sport sedan and that's the perception and how Nissan markets the car. Our Maxima is fully loaded in grey.

One of the best cars for the price
By bettercheddar on 06/07/12 11:48 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Didn’t plan on buying a Maxima. I looked at it because a friend who owned one said I should. Couldn’t get it out of my head after I took a long test drive. It was a fun car to drive – really fun! The engine sounded great as soon as it turned over. Moving through traffic was effortless. All I had to do was press on the accelerator and the car went as fast as I needed it to go. There’s more than enough power to move this car and it’s got the handling so that you’re always in control. It’s also very comfortable. The interior is put together so that the controls are where you expect them to be. They’re handsome and easy to operate too. Seat is firm and comfortable. Go see one for yourself.

So far I am loving it!
By maxmus12 on 01/08/12 21:44 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased premium model 6 weeks ago and loving it. Choice was between Maxima, Avalon, ES350, and BMW 3 series. After driving all 4 I had to go with Maxima. For the $ you get allot of options plus I decided to go for something sporty. BMW was close but Max is a little bigger and offers more. The Maxima drives smooth, feels comfortable, the car wants to go fast even when you dont want it to. When driving, the car has a nice pur that gives you that sporty feeling. Throttle response is great. Handles great for sedan. Paddle shifters are fun. Gas however..horrible. I average around 23mpg, 320mi to a tank. If you have fun with the car..you're looking at mid 200mi a tank. Worth it though.

Couldn't be happier!
By kc16 on 01/01/12 11:20 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My husband and I looked at and test drove many high-end sedans from Lexus ES 350, Audi A4, Infinity to C Class Mercedes Benz. The designer cars didn't impress us. Seriously. It all came down to personal preference and what would work best for our family. We did narrow it down to the ES and Maxima, but the ES has really short head space. We are tall people. My hubby is over 6 ft. and I'm 5 ft. 7. And each time we test drove an ES, I kept thinking "old man car". Plus the breaking wasn't smooth and it was downright boring to drive and we were worried about the Toyota/Lexus recalls. We purchased a black 2012 Maxima with gray interior with red stitching and couldn't be happier. We got a great deal on a SV Premium Package with rear spoiler. With its ample headspace, heated steering wheel, heated and air conditioned seats, Bose stereo, nav system, and double moon roof, we got all the perks we wanted and then some. It's a good-looking car that's a blast to drive. Looks and drives like a sports car. The manufacturer recommends premium gas, but the dealership said we could use regular with no problem. The only thing we don't like is the effortless acceleration. If we’re not careful, we’ll be racking up some serious speeding tickets, y'all. This is our favorite car we've owned yet. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!"

I love this car
By mseals528 on 12/21/11 14:52 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had this car for 4 weeks now, and all I can say is, this is a KILLER bargain for what you get. Don't be scared away by the sticker price on these cars, especially if you are leasing. These cards can be had for thousands off the sticker price which in turn makes them a fantastic deal. The sticker on my SV premium with mats, mud guards, and trunk organizer was $39,400. I got it for $7000 less! The amenties are second to none, heated seats, cooled driver seat, double moonroof, large color backup camera. The car has plenty of power and I am still getting 24MPG.

Impressive Maxima
By alan_s on 12/14/11 21:18 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My 2010 Maxima lease was almost up so I turned it in and leased a 2012 Maxima SV with Premium package. I immediately noticed a huge advance in refinement over the 2010, and a dramatic improvement in the performance of the CVT. The drivetrain as a whole is far more responsive and much smoother. The CVT no longer bogs down the tremendously powerful engine. Kudos to Nissan for continuous improvement. The two-tone interior is sumptuous and the materials appear to be of improved quality. Everything has a very substantial quality about it. This feels like a much more expensive car. On the road, the dynamics have been improved, and a feeling of solid build and substance is imparted. I love it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Nissan Maxima in VA is:

$175 per month*