2011 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Passenger airbag light malfunc

2011 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

3.5 SV Sedan (3.5L V6 CVT Automatic)

Passenger airbag light malfunction
By gdoucet on

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my '11 Maxima new on 03/31/2011 and have had an issue with the passenger side airbag light coming on with an adult passenger in the seat. When the light is on, it reflects that the airbag is in the 'off' position. I have brought the problem to my dealer's attention, Giles Nissan, Lafayette, LA ever since my first 3,750 oil change service, and was given a variety of reasons. At first the dealer could not locate the trouble then I was told that it was normal. I finally brought my wife with me and rode with a service tech who witnessed the problem. Since then, different techs at different times have experienced the light on, however the issue has not yet been resolved.

The design, styling and performance are great.

Although the rear camera is useful, I wish rear sensors were available as well. More room between the front seats and doors would help make the retractable seatbelts more accessible; it's really tight and very hard to reach the seatbelts.