2011 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Overall a great car!

2011 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Review

Overall a great car!
By juskishi on

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have a 2011 Maxima with premium package and overall I absolutely love this car. I moved up from my 2009 Altima SL and couldn't be much happier. The only problems are interior noises from the radio/climate console (which i think could use a redesign), what sounds like the rear window, and vibration and noise from the front passenger seat when unoccupied. The noises seem to be worse when it's colder out and I haven't owned it during the summer yet so I'm hoping to see a reduction of the noise soon. Other than that, I feel the nav and voice recognition system do not work very well. Otherwise, the look and feel of the rest of the car is great and think it's a great car for the price.

Exterior design is amazing, I think it's one of the best looking sedans on the road. It has great acceleration and handles really well. Smooth driving even at high speeds. Interior is refined and love the small details (like secondary color stitching).

First and foremost, fix the noise problems. Paying a good amount of money for a car that has cracking noises. I would redesign the center console in a couple of ways. One, redo the radio and climate controls, I don't like the semi-attached rounded knobs and also bring the console down so it is one piece with the center shift control and armrest unit. Upgrade the voice recognition for phone and nav system. Allow for simple things like search by city name instead of needing a physical address. Lastly, put in a sunglasses holder.