Don't compare to Camry & Accord
By uga91 on
2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I recently bought a 2011 Maxima S and could not be happier with the car at the price I paid. I took the 0% NMAC financing, so I didn't get all the rebates; but, at about $26.5k, you have to compare this Maxima to cars like Acura TL and Lexus ES350. The 290HP, keyless ignition, all the safety features, the power seats, 6-disc changer and other features make this car very formidable against higher priced competitors. I know I don't have leather, but that's about all I don't have versus cars like that.
Favorite Features
The 290HP, 3.5L V6 (even though it uses premium fuel) The Intelligent Key system The sun roof and 18" alloy wheels with performance tires The pneumatic shocks on the hood (holding the hood up with one hand while inserting the holding rod with the other should not exist on any car over $20k, but it does)
Suggested Improvements
Reverse sensors--I know this sounds crazy on a sedan of this size; but, looking out the rear window through the mirror makes you think you're much closer to what is behind you than you really are. The stereo is nice, but leaves a little to be desired. I know--buy a Maxima SV and this problem takes care of itself.