A Gas Hog That is Worth It
By fat_professor on
2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I purchased a 2011 Maxima with premium and premium tech packages one week ago. It is a gorgeous car which is tremendous fun to drive. My previous vehicle was a 2009 Altima, and I can definitely notice a performance difference with only 20 more hp. There is plenty of room for all 4 of us to fit comfortably even with the slightly lower dual panel moonroof. The driver's seat is particularly comfortable. I bought the car in the Summer in Texas, and the chilled driver's seat is a tremendous bonus. The rear sunshade makes the clips on the carseats easier to touch and handle. We live in a city of 100,000 with a lot of 1-2 mile trips. Horrible town mileage (14-15), but 29.5 @ 70 on a highway trip.
Favorite Features
The acceleration on the vehicle is incredibly smooth, and the stereo plays fantastically with the Bose speakers. My wife is tall and has plenty of room in the front passenger seat, and our two children in car seats have plenty of room in the back. It is silly, but to me the best part is that the car just looks pretty with the exterior curvature. That and the all glass roof lets in as much sunlight as I want.
Suggested Improvements
I wish the sports tuned suspension was available in the luxury package. I would rather have the features I purchased in the luxury model, but why should the be mutually exclusive? Also, if you are going to both putting a 9.3 GB hard drive on the car I should be able to copy music from some format other than CD's. Who really keeps that much physical media anymore? Finally, don't delete the projected turn ratio from the backup camera in the premium technology package that is just silly.