2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5L V6 CVT Automatic Consumer Review - 4000 Mile Update, love it

2011 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

3.5 SV Sedan (3.5L V6 CVT Automatic)

4000 Mile Update, love it with a few gripes.
By tmac4718 on

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My overall satisfaction with the maxima has been very good, not spectacular, but very good. Lets get the bad things out of the way first. Annoying rattle coming from the rear deck, rear deck speakers, brake light or somewhere. I have never owned a car with any rattle before so not impressed, it didn't do it when I took it in of course but will keep looking. On sunny days the auto climate control fan speed stays on way to high, will never calm down. My 08 altima didn't do this. The passenger seat is one of the most uncomfortable seats ever ridden in, thank god I never have too. It sits to tall, almost like it was designed for a kid, and much more adjustability needed.

Favorite Features

Looks, handling, performance, fun to drive, control layout, driver comfort, trunk space, stereo sound, Ipod interface, quiet except for big glass dual moonroof wind noise above 70mph, NAV screens, wheels, and being a rare car that does turn some heads. I see a few around town but so far I'm the only silver one and I still love it the best. Will have it for at least 100,000 miles. CVT in sport mode is very responsive and fun to drive. Big gas tank.

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel paddle shifters are a must, column mounted shifters are a total waste for any fun around town. Gas mileage isn't great by any means for a fwd sedan, even with 290hp. I get about 25mpg at 74mph, and avg around 21mpg with premium around town. No premium loses about 1-2mpg. A 6spd automatic would still be more fun and mpg would be the same. Fix auto climate control system, high fan speeds is ridiculous. Fix rattle, I'm not alone if you read the forums. More passenger seat adjustability!! People have trouble hearing me on the bluetooth phone, my altima was fine. For pete's sake will Nissan allow the accessory to stay on when turning off the car, very annoying.