Used 2011 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Dual Sun Roof Disaster
By sbottari

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Nothing but problems with my 2011 dual sun (or moon) roof.
Last summer car was brand new and in the shop of a month.
Well summer is here again and the car is back in the shop.
I'm not sure if its the tracks that have a problem when they get heated by the sun but I feel like I got a real lemon.
Everything including the roof lining interior has already been replaced once.
Here we go again ;-(

Sound System - cooled seat

heated knob on shift and fit the roof engineering

No better deal
By ufgator_meche

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just a smooth ride! Love this car. Don't have any issues. My AC is super cold, love my cooled driver seat, no rattles, bluetooth is smart. It recognizes who gets in the car more, me or my wife, and automatically connects to the most frequent driver. This car has THE BEST stock stereo I have ever had. The BOSE is awesome. You really don't know how good it is until you turn it up to just two or three bars below max volume and set the equalizer like you want. I am a spirited driver. My main car is a Mustang GT. This car has plenty of power. More torque steer as my tires wear and get older. But the handling is still superb. Suspension is tight but smooth.

Exit system, Radio, sunroof, power, handling, sun shade, back-up system, more

Drive the car testing more. Deal with the rattles and simple things to fix that people complain about.

Passenger airbag light malfunction
By jlwood

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2011 Nissan Maxima in November 2011.
I have had an issue with the passenger side airbag light on with an adult in the seat.
I have taken the car to the dealership on numberous occasions and was told it was normal.
I called Nissan and talked with some named Tim, he took my information over the phone and said he would get back with me in a few days.
He called my husband and told him the seat was functioning properly, that the adults weren't sitting in the seat properly.
I called him back with no response.
How can they say it is functioning properly no one at Nissan or the dealership will ride in the car with me so I can show them what the car is doing.
Very disappointed..

I love the way the car drives.

Correct the problem with the airbag on the passenger side of the car. If I can't get a resolution soon, I will trade the car in that I love for something else. I can't see putting myself or my family and friends in danger because Nissan refuses to fix a $500.00 seat.

Passenger airbag light malfunction
By gdoucet

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my '11 Maxima new on 03/31/2011 and have had an issue with the passenger side airbag light coming on with an adult passenger in the seat. When the light is on, it reflects that the airbag is in the 'off' position. I have brought the problem to my dealer's attention, Giles Nissan, Lafayette, LA ever since my first 3,750 oil change service, and was given a variety of reasons. At first the dealer could not locate the trouble then I was told that it was normal. I finally brought my wife with me and rode with a service tech who witnessed the problem. Since then, different techs at different times have experienced the light on, however the issue has not yet been resolved.

The design, styling and performance are great.

Although the rear camera is useful, I wish rear sensors were available as well. More room between the front seats and doors would help make the retractable seatbelts more accessible; it's really tight and very hard to reach the seatbelts.

Overall a great car!
By juskishi

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have a 2011 Maxima with premium package and overall I absolutely love this car. I moved up from my 2009 Altima SL and couldn't be much happier. The only problems are interior noises from the radio/climate console (which i think could use a redesign), what sounds like the rear window, and vibration and noise from the front passenger seat when unoccupied. The noises seem to be worse when it's colder out and I haven't owned it during the summer yet so I'm hoping to see a reduction of the noise soon. Other than that, I feel the nav and voice recognition system do not work very well. Otherwise, the look and feel of the rest of the car is great and think it's a great car for the price.

Exterior design is amazing, I think it's one of the best looking sedans on the road. It has great acceleration and handles really well. Smooth driving even at high speeds. Interior is refined and love the small details (like secondary color stitching).

First and foremost, fix the noise problems. Paying a good amount of money for a car that has cracking noises. I would redesign the center console in a couple of ways. One, redo the radio and climate controls, I don't like the semi-attached rounded knobs and also bring the console down so it is one piece with the center shift control and armrest unit. Upgrade the voice recognition for phone and nav system. Allow for simple things like search by city name instead of needing a physical address. Lastly, put in a sunglasses holder.