2011 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Just OK
By petemck on 04/29/11 16:48 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a 2011 SV with Premium package in February. I previously owned a 1998 Maxima SE 5speed manual that I bought new. This new Max has better steering but the CVT in automatic mode is awful and the torque steer at higher speed (75-85mph) is dangerous. My dealer experience also left a lot to be desired.

250 miles into it and loving it!
By tmac4718 on 03/25/11 22:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

3.5 SV silver premium package. Fun to drive but babying it through break in period. It was this or a 2011 Charger AWD max, tough choice for me. Loved the charger but just found the maxima more refined and comfortable for 20k miles a year and concerned with dodge reliability. But I gave up the Hemi and AWD for the maxima. Love the car more everyday I'm in it. I get alot of looks because maxima's are a rare care now, which I love. The hood and the bulges make the car pop from inside and out. I had an 08 altima 2.5SL lease before and loved it as well. Maxima is twice as much fun to drive so i bought this one. Getting 20mpg around town so far, no highway trips yet. Torque steer is present but ok

Superb Mid Size Performance Sedan!!
By jhatfie on 03/16/11 15:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Having owned this car for a while now, I have to say that is still blows me away. It really has excellent power, on par with my tweaked 320HP Subaru Legacy GT I once owned. Gas mileage is averaging 25mpg in mixed driving, but have seen as high as 28mpg in heavy highway stints which is very good for a nearly 300hp V6. With the sport package the car handles very well with little body roll while still being comfortable. Interior is on par with entry level luxury model like the Infinity G37 and Lexus IS. Ride is quiet making it easy to converse with passengers or to hear audio details in the rather good Bose Stereo. Car is very handsome looking and muscular without looking overdone.

Bells and Whistles
By chefjohn2 on 03/07/11 07:50 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Wow I went from a 08 Maxima and now in the 2011 all I can say is Wow...Nissan you did right on this model..better turning radius, more comfort, tons of options, and 20 more HP. This is my 3rd Nissan and it cant get much better. Only dislike I have is that they do not have the rear back up sensors like my 08. Other than that fun to drive and turning heads. Paddle shift is awesome. PRICE was great compared to other vehicles...and Nissan is extremely LOYAL to past customers. This is the ONLY car out there that gives you the options that you want and need at a affordable price. Interior of my car is to say the least STUNNING!

Don't compare to Camry & Accord
By uga91 on 02/25/11 11:23 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I recently bought a 2011 Maxima S and could not be happier with the car at the price I paid. I took the 0% NMAC financing, so I didn't get all the rebates; but, at about $26.5k, you have to compare this Maxima to cars like Acura TL and Lexus ES350. The 290HP, keyless ignition, all the safety features, the power seats, 6-disc changer and other features make this car very formidable against higher priced competitors. I know I don't have leather, but that's about all I don't have versus cars like that.

best value
By magicdialtone on 02/23/11 16:23 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Recently purchased a maxima after driving several other cars, TL, AUDI, BMW, Infiniti. To me it was the best value. I also saved much more off the list price due to dealer incentives and supplier discount I received from my work. This made it the best value for me. It does feel better to drive and much more quite than my TL. Roomier than the others I drove an I like the looks

4 Door Sports Car with 5 Star Safety!
By dbishopp on 12/18/10 04:27 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I did a lot of research before deciding upon this car. Most important to me was safety, after being in a car accident a year ago it was clear to me that if someone can hit me out of no where, I need to make sure the next vehicle I have stands up to impact. This car has a 5 Star Safety Rating and side impact is well covered! The inside of this car makes you feel like you're wrapped in bubble wrap and foam! It has all the comfort and bells and whistles of a luxury car, with all the speed you need to safely get onto the highway of a sports car! I'm very happy with my new 2011 Maxima!

Great Ride!!
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Picked up a 2011 Maxima two weeks ago -- Professional Trim. Love it!! Great styling and drivibility. The features - - XM, NAVI, Moon roof, specific driver setting, engine response -- are nice. Car has smooth ride and suspension. Great pick up and power when using the paddle shifters or "manual" shifitng. While I use it primarly for myslef, back seat has been able to comfortable seat 2 back there.

Better than the Altima
By Yankeeriz on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was driving an Altima coupe 3.5, for two years before someone hit it. I enjoyed that car a great deal. I always believed the drive btween the Altima 3.5 and the Maxima 3.5 was similar.. Wow far from the truth. The Maxima feels stronger, drives stronger and the engine sound is wonderful.. The tech features in the Maxima looks and feels leaps and bounds beyond the Altima fully loaded. The Altima is a great car but it's no Maxima. Neither is the Accord, Camary, Avalon, 2.0 Sonata, which I test drove before driving the Maxima.. What a car... Maxima SV with Sports Package.. you cant go wrong.

My second Maxima
By MaxUp on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Compared to my 2000 Maxima, they fixed the turning radius. The view over the hood is spectacular and the side mirror view is sweet. The acceleration with the CVT is awesome. The transmission is always running in the sweet spot. No engine torque in the steering wheel. The seats fit my 6 foot 3 inch frame and they're heated/cooled for the driver. The iPod interface is perfect, streaming audio or plug into USB to view my music on the NAV display, which also plays DVDs in park mode. On hilly roads, the paddle shifters come in handy for engine braking. I have the Premium addition which is a good balance of sporty feel with comfort every day driving. Nissan hit a home run with this model.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Maxima in VA is:

$146 per month*