250 miles into it and loving it!
By tmac4718 on
2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
3.5 SV silver premium package. Fun to drive but babying it through break in period. It was this or a 2011 Charger AWD max, tough choice for me. Loved the charger but just found the maxima more refined and comfortable for 20k miles a year and concerned with dodge reliability. But I gave up the Hemi and AWD for the maxima. Love the car more everyday I'm in it. I get alot of looks because maxima's are a rare care now, which I love. The hood and the bulges make the car pop from inside and out. I had an 08 altima 2.5SL lease before and loved it as well. Maxima is twice as much fun to drive so i bought this one. Getting 20mpg around town so far, no highway trips yet. Torque steer is present but ok
Favorite Features
V6, CVT is just fine and the sport mode makes it more exciting, NAV screen is cool, Ipod interface and music box are great, drivers position is awesome from seat to armrests to steering wheel. Heated and ventilated seat, heated wheel other than shuts off to quickly, love the outside looks and also inside. The handling I think is great, just the perfect balance of ride and handling. Kids love the contoured back seats. Bose stereo is great other than too much emphasis on soound coming from the front(need more output from rear other than subs). Dual moonroof is cool. Love the wheels too.
Suggested Improvements
Make accesory stay on when shutting off the car so you don't drop calls or kill stereo instantly. Put paddle shifters on the wheel vs the steering column, Heated steering wheel could stay on longer, ipod integration doesn't keep the same settings(shuffle songs keeps getting turned off). More speakers in rear of the car vs all up front, front passenger seat bottom more adjustable, make all the plastics in the front dash match better than they do, trunk could be a little bigger/longer, adaptive cruise would be a nice option. Excessive wind noise when moonroof is tilted or open. Dont get me wrong, I love the car but am very picky!