2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
The short list was between Genesys V6, Infinity G37 and the Maxima.
The $ value proposition favored the Maxima hands down and the test drives sealed the deal. Perf & Tech packages were added as I wanted all the bells & whistles.
My three month ownership experience vs. expectation align well. The V6 is more than enough @ 290hp with a responsive power train. The suspension is smooth without being cushy. The interior while below the Infinity does not leave one lacking. Visibility & ride quality are tops. Driving this car is pure fun. Thanks to the DVD tool grasping the all the technology was simplified. Premium Fuel is a downer and something Nissan should address especially @ 26 mph highway
1. Ipod linkage, Sat Radio on a BOSE sound system!
2. Instramentation layout and steering wheel access to options is as good as any I have seen
3. Quality of upgraded leather seating and comfort settings are tops.
Looking forward to trying driver seat cooling option next summer.
4. CVT transmission is flawless-- so far
5. Double moon roof---a total surprise on how it enhances the cabin & driving experience
6. The keyless entry is growing on me
7. Touch screen size and clarity makes use of Navig. and Entertainment options that much easier.
8. Interior leg room-- front and back
Better Mileage efficiency and avoid need for Premium Fuel
Interior can be a bit noisy-- don't need to hear engine to appreciate performance & responsiveness
Better seat belt retraction
Improve trunk base finish under carpet-- and add a full size spare tire
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.