Used 2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S Sedan Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Maxima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Transmission Failure!
By Jerry W. Van Allen

2011 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have a 2011 Nissan Maxima, and the CVT transmission has failed on the vehicle. I researched the web, to see if there were any other concerns with this type of transmission, and I found that from 2003 - 2010, a large range of Nissan vehicles had their warranty extended from Nissan, due to the CVT transmissions failing on the vehicles. Being that my vehicle is a 2011, their corporate office is saying that they will not assist me with repairing my vehicle, due to the vehicle being ONLY ONE (1) YEAR OUTSIDE OF THEIR WARRANTY EXTENSION ON SO MANY OTHER VEHICLES. Funny, there is an article listed on edmunds.com, on a 2011 Nissan Maxima CVT transmission failing him just after his warranty expiring (A 2011 MODEL). I am in the automotive industry and have a large influence in the Memphis area, so I am informing everyone that I know, to not ever buy a Nissan product, due to them not wanting to own up to their engine concerns and problems.

Not so sporty
By James Mitchell

2011 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a decent all round car which Nisson likes to advertise as sporty. The styling is so/so but the thing that really holds it back is the dreaded continuously

variable transmission (CVT) While having just shy of 300 horses the car is a major dog off the line. The CVT makes a loud howling sound but it lacks the snap of a

normal tranny. Additionally, handling is mediocore at best. I only kept the car through 20,000 miles but had no mechanical problems.

Great
By Lou

2011 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great car. Shopping now for newer version.

BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE BUYING THIS CAR
By Martha

2011 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is poorly designed in relation to safety features. If you want a safe car, stay away from the 2011 Nissan Maxima's or all Nissan's in general. IF you get into a minor car accident in this vehicle you will have major injuries. This model 2011 Nissan Maxima is defective, unsafe, hazardous, and life threatening. Do not ever buy a 2011 Nissan Maxima, no matter how pretty it seems. Don't ever get in a 2011 Nissan Maxima. Don't drive next to a 2011 Nissan Maxima. Don't let anyone you love or know get into one of these cars. This car is nothing more than a death wish. STAY AWAY!!!!!

Passenger airbag light malfunction
By jlwood

2011 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2011 Nissan Maxima in November 2011.
I have had an issue with the passenger side airbag light on with an adult in the seat.
I have taken the car to the dealership on numberous occasions and was told it was normal.
I called Nissan and talked with some named Tim, he took my information over the phone and said he would get back with me in a few days.
He called my husband and told him the seat was functioning properly, that the adults weren't sitting in the seat properly.
I called him back with no response.
How can they say it is functioning properly no one at Nissan or the dealership will ride in the car with me so I can show them what the car is doing.
Very disappointed..

I love the way the car drives.

Correct the problem with the airbag on the passenger side of the car. If I can't get a resolution soon, I will trade the car in that I love for something else. I can't see putting myself or my family and friends in danger because Nissan refuses to fix a $500.00 seat.