Used 2011 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Maxima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Transmission Failure!
By Jerry W. Van Allen

2011 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have a 2011 Nissan Maxima, and the CVT transmission has failed on the vehicle. I researched the web, to see if there were any other concerns with this type of transmission, and I found that from 2003 - 2010, a large range of Nissan vehicles had their warranty extended from Nissan, due to the CVT transmissions failing on the vehicles. Being that my vehicle is a 2011, their corporate office is saying that they will not assist me with repairing my vehicle, due to the vehicle being ONLY ONE (1) YEAR OUTSIDE OF THEIR WARRANTY EXTENSION ON SO MANY OTHER VEHICLES. Funny, there is an article listed on edmunds.com, on a 2011 Nissan Maxima CVT transmission failing him just after his warranty expiring (A 2011 MODEL). I am in the automotive industry and have a large influence in the Memphis area, so I am informing everyone that I know, to not ever buy a Nissan product, due to them not wanting to own up to their engine concerns and problems.

Not so sporty
By James Mitchell

2011 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a decent all round car which Nisson likes to advertise as sporty. The styling is so/so but the thing that really holds it back is the dreaded continuously

variable transmission (CVT) While having just shy of 300 horses the car is a major dog off the line. The CVT makes a loud howling sound but it lacks the snap of a

normal tranny. Additionally, handling is mediocore at best. I only kept the car through 20,000 miles but had no mechanical problems.

Great
By Lou

2011 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great car. Shopping now for newer version.

48000 Transmission fail
By Bernard

2011 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a beautiful car but I question the reliability of the CVT transmission. My car has 48000 miles on it, service as recommended no warning whatsoever the transmission failed the factory warranty expired 12-19-2015 the day before the transmission failed . Nissan tried to make me pay for the repair which was $4,500. I had to contact Nissan corporation and go to arbitration to resolve this matter after a time-consuming ordeal they agreed to fix the vehicle. I am Not sure if I'm planning on keeping this vehicle the CVT transmission is definitely a flawed design. I wish Nissan would stand behind their products I don't know if I would ever buy another Nissan product moving forward.

BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE BUYING THIS CAR
By Martha

2011 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is poorly designed in relation to safety features. If you want a safe car, stay away from the 2011 Nissan Maxima's or all Nissan's in general. IF you get into a minor car accident in this vehicle you will have major injuries. This model 2011 Nissan Maxima is defective, unsafe, hazardous, and life threatening. Do not ever buy a 2011 Nissan Maxima, no matter how pretty it seems. Don't ever get in a 2011 Nissan Maxima. Don't drive next to a 2011 Nissan Maxima. Don't let anyone you love or know get into one of these cars. This car is nothing more than a death wish. STAY AWAY!!!!!