2011 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
My 2011 Maxima
By davejohnky on 10/15/13 17:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had it long enough to ensure a quantify review. I've had no issues with anything in or in the car. Mine is maxed out and is a pure pleasure to drive. No Mechanical issues whatsoever. My has the sport suspension so its a bit bumpy on poor roads, on good roads its a dream. The Trans in this car is not for performance, its to save on gas, its NOT a sports car regardless of what Nissan says, cvt cant be a sports transmission. I find myself using the paddle shifters much of the time.

Not perfect, but is still Nissans 4DSC
By stracer82 on 09/17/12 14:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2011 SV Sport right as the 2012s were coming out so I got a decent deal. I was really looking at Infiniti G37s but those dealers werent negotiating. The sport package is the best looking version, IMO due to the 19 inch wheels and smoked headlights, and its equipped with some of the extra goodies I would have wanted anyways. As of 9/17/12, I am just shy of 7000 miles on the odo.

Dual Sun Roof Disaster
By sbottari on 07/16/12 12:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Nothing but problems with my 2011 dual sun (or moon) roof. Last summer car was brand new and in the shop of a month. Well summer is here again and the car is back in the shop. I'm not sure if its the tracks that have a problem when they get heated by the sun but I feel like I got a real lemon. Everything including the roof lining interior has already been replaced once. Here we go again ;-(

No better deal
By ufgator_meche on 07/08/12 14:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just a smooth ride! Love this car. Don't have any issues. My AC is super cold, love my cooled driver seat, no rattles, bluetooth is smart. It recognizes who gets in the car more, me or my wife, and automatically connects to the most frequent driver. This car has THE BEST stock stereo I have ever had. The BOSE is awesome. You really don't know how good it is until you turn it up to just two or three bars below max volume and set the equalizer like you want. I am a spirited driver. My main car is a Mustang GT. This car has plenty of power. More torque steer as my tires wear and get older. But the handling is still superb. Suspension is tight but smooth.

Passenger airbag light malfunction
By gdoucet on 03/12/12 10:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my '11 Maxima new on 03/31/2011 and have had an issue with the passenger side airbag light coming on with an adult passenger in the seat. When the light is on, it reflects that the airbag is in the 'off' position. I have brought the problem to my dealer's attention, Giles Nissan, Lafayette, LA ever since my first 3,750 oil change service, and was given a variety of reasons. At first the dealer could not locate the trouble then I was told that it was normal. I finally brought my wife with me and rode with a service tech who witnessed the problem. Since then, different techs at different times have experienced the light on, however the issue has not yet been resolved.

Overall a great car!
By juskishi on 02/29/12 13:29 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have a 2011 Maxima with premium package and overall I absolutely love this car. I moved up from my 2009 Altima SL and couldn't be much happier. The only problems are interior noises from the radio/climate console (which i think could use a redesign), what sounds like the rear window, and vibration and noise from the front passenger seat when unoccupied. The noises seem to be worse when it's colder out and I haven't owned it during the summer yet so I'm hoping to see a reduction of the noise soon. Other than that, I feel the nav and voice recognition system do not work very well. Otherwise, the look and feel of the rest of the car is great and think it's a great car for the price.

Rattles
By nissan_maxim on 02/22/12 18:41 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Love everything about the car except the rattles. I hear one above the steering column. There is one on the plastic piece that has all the temperature and radio buttons. I hear one over by the passenger side where the seat belt is located. Of course these rattles come and go. I took it to the dealer who appearently fixed a rattle but I couldn't tell. Also said that the rattle where the radio butttons were couldn't be fixed yet they somehow made the rattle louder. You also can actually see my passenger seat vibrate as I'm driving although the wife doesn't mind it:)

junk!!!
By tattoome81 on 12/25/11 20:21 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

overpriced piece of junk. this is by far the worst riding car ive driven or been in. you feel every bump in this car even if the road looks smooth you feel everything, and god forbid you are accelerating when you hit a bump, you better be holding on to the steering wheel with two hands as tight as you can. besides the ride its not a user friendly interior either. the position of the power windows is on the dash toward the left of the steering wheel, making it almost impossible to adjust the mirrors while driving. 36k and no memory seats or heated mirrors?! what a waste of money. horrible gas mileage

2011 Maxiima 3.5 SV--fully loaded
By maxima_in_nc on 12/13/11 19:56 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The short list was between Genesys V6, Infinity G37 and the Maxima. The $ value proposition favored the Maxima hands down and the test drives sealed the deal. Perf & Tech packages were added as I wanted all the bells & whistles. My three month ownership experience vs. expectation align well. The V6 is more than enough @ 290hp with a responsive power train. The suspension is smooth without being cushy. The interior while below the Infinity does not leave one lacking. Visibility & ride quality are tops. Driving this car is pure fun. Thanks to the DVD tool grasping the all the technology was simplified. Premium Fuel is a downer and something Nissan should address especially @ 26 mph highway

Love this car
By bubbalouie1 on 12/01/11 11:53 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Owned 1992 SE, bought new, drove it 120k miles-no trouble great car. Next came 1999 528i, bought new in 2000, drove 135k miles...spent way too much in repairs and maintenance-tired of getting robbed by the dealers. Love the new body style of 2009 Max...bought new in Jan 09. Tested A4, ES350,G35x, Acura TL. Nothing close. This car will crush the 528 anyday. I have almost 80k miles now-only investment has been gas, oil changes, one set of tires all around and front brake pads only-everything else still original and looks great (yes garaged). The cost of ownership has been incredible. Yes I will get another Max.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Maxima in VA is:

$152 per month*