2011 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Passenger airbag light malfunction
By jlwood on 04/11/12 12:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2011 Nissan Maxima in November 2011. I have had an issue with the passenger side airbag light on with an adult in the seat. I have taken the car to the dealership on numberous occasions and was told it was normal. I called Nissan and talked with some named Tim, he took my information over the phone and said he would get back with me in a few days. He called my husband and told him the seat was functioning properly, that the adults weren't sitting in the seat properly. I called him back with no response. How can they say it is functioning properly no one at Nissan or the dealership will ride in the car with me so I can show them what the car is doing. Very disappointed..

Rattles and more.
By wayne4al on 01/24/12 08:25 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car has more ratttles than a babies crib! I can't even find them all. I can't open the sun roof it rattles so bad. I have one coming from the back some where. There are others. The seats belts scratch up the inside of the passager sides. I also have a strong gasoline odor at times. Car is on its way to the shop.

Most things to like; some to not
By flyer10 on 11/29/11 00:29 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded an '06 Maxima SE for the '11 S. I love the styling, inside and out. Very classy in black. Power is great, although there is some torque steer. Comfort is great, and the inside controls are much more user friendly than on the '06. Trunk space is less, which could be an issue. The radio is much better quality than the '06. It's fun to drive, and it handles well. Now for what I don't like. Under heavy acceleration the engine is very noisy, almost irritatingly so. Also, there is significant wind noise starting about 40 mph on up. The ride isn't as smooth as my '06 either. Maybe it's the Goodyear Eagles---my other one had Bridgestones. On windy days, the car is buffeted.

Our best Maxima ever!
By franc on 07/23/11 09:40 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just this week bought our 4th Maxima (2011). This 2011 Maxima is by far the best auto that we have owned. The car drives great and the ride is very comfortable.

Don't compare to Camry & Accord
By uga91 on 02/25/11 11:23 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I recently bought a 2011 Maxima S and could not be happier with the car at the price I paid. I took the 0% NMAC financing, so I didn't get all the rebates; but, at about $26.5k, you have to compare this Maxima to cars like Acura TL and Lexus ES350. The 290HP, keyless ignition, all the safety features, the power seats, 6-disc changer and other features make this car very formidable against higher priced competitors. I know I don't have leather, but that's about all I don't have versus cars like that.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Maxima in VA is:

$146 per month*