Used 2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Not so sporty
By James Mitchell

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a decent all round car which Nisson likes to advertise as sporty. The styling is so/so but the thing that really holds it back is the dreaded continuously variable transmission (CVT) While having just shy of 300 horses the car is a major dog off the line. The CVT makes a loud howling sound but it lacks the snap of a normal tranny. Additionally, handling is mediocore at best. I only kept the car through 20,000 miles but had no mechanical problems.

Great
By Lou

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great car. Shopping now for newer version.

BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE BUYING THIS CAR
By Martha

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is poorly designed in relation to safety features. If you want a safe car, stay away from the 2011 Nissan Maxima's or all Nissan's in general. IF you get into a minor car accident in this vehicle you will have major injuries. This model 2011 Nissan Maxima is defective, unsafe, hazardous, and life threatening. Do not ever buy a 2011 Nissan Maxima, no matter how pretty it seems. Don't ever get in a 2011 Nissan Maxima. Don't drive next to a 2011 Nissan Maxima. Don't let anyone you love or know get into one of these cars. This car is nothing more than a death wish. STAY AWAY!!!!!

Passenger airbag light malfunction
By jlwood

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2011 Nissan Maxima in November 2011. I have had an issue with the passenger side airbag light on with an adult in the seat. I have taken the car to the dealership on numberous occasions and was told it was normal. I called Nissan and talked with some named Tim, he took my information over the phone and said he would get back with me in a few days. He called my husband and told him the seat was functioning properly, that the adults weren't sitting in the seat properly. I called him back with no response. How can they say it is functioning properly no one at Nissan or the dealership will ride in the car with me so I can show them what the car is doing. Very disappointed..

I love the way the car drives.

Correct the problem with the airbag on the passenger side of the car. If I can't get a resolution soon, I will trade the car in that I love for something else. I can't see putting myself or my family and friends in danger because Nissan refuses to fix a $500.00 seat.

Rattles and more.
By wayne4al

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car has more ratttles than a babies crib! I can't even find them all. I can't open the sun roof it rattles so bad. I have one coming from the back some where. There are others. The seats belts scratch up the inside of the passager sides. I also have a strong gasoline odor at times. Car is on its way to the shop.

• SUV