2011 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
My 2011 Maxima
By davejohnky on 10/15/13 17:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had it long enough to ensure a quantify review. I've had no issues with anything in or in the car. Mine is maxed out and is a pure pleasure to drive. No Mechanical issues whatsoever. My has the sport suspension so its a bit bumpy on poor roads, on good roads its a dream. The Trans in this car is not for performance, its to save on gas, its NOT a sports car regardless of what Nissan says, cvt cant be a sports transmission. I find myself using the paddle shifters much of the time.

Not perfect, but is still Nissans 4DSC
By stracer82 on 09/17/12 14:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2011 SV Sport right as the 2012s were coming out so I got a decent deal. I was really looking at Infiniti G37s but those dealers werent negotiating. The sport package is the best looking version, IMO due to the 19 inch wheels and smoked headlights, and its equipped with some of the extra goodies I would have wanted anyways. As of 9/17/12, I am just shy of 7000 miles on the odo.

Dual Sun Roof Disaster
By sbottari on 07/16/12 12:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Nothing but problems with my 2011 dual sun (or moon) roof. Last summer car was brand new and in the shop of a month. Well summer is here again and the car is back in the shop. I'm not sure if its the tracks that have a problem when they get heated by the sun but I feel like I got a real lemon. Everything including the roof lining interior has already been replaced once. Here we go again ;-(

No better deal
By ufgator_meche on 07/08/12 14:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just a smooth ride! Love this car. Don't have any issues. My AC is super cold, love my cooled driver seat, no rattles, bluetooth is smart. It recognizes who gets in the car more, me or my wife, and automatically connects to the most frequent driver. This car has THE BEST stock stereo I have ever had. The BOSE is awesome. You really don't know how good it is until you turn it up to just two or three bars below max volume and set the equalizer like you want. I am a spirited driver. My main car is a Mustang GT. This car has plenty of power. More torque steer as my tires wear and get older. But the handling is still superb. Suspension is tight but smooth.

Passenger airbag light malfunction
By jlwood on 04/11/12 12:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2011 Nissan Maxima in November 2011. I have had an issue with the passenger side airbag light on with an adult in the seat. I have taken the car to the dealership on numberous occasions and was told it was normal. I called Nissan and talked with some named Tim, he took my information over the phone and said he would get back with me in a few days. He called my husband and told him the seat was functioning properly, that the adults weren't sitting in the seat properly. I called him back with no response. How can they say it is functioning properly no one at Nissan or the dealership will ride in the car with me so I can show them what the car is doing. Very disappointed..

Passenger airbag light malfunction
By gdoucet on 03/12/12 10:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my '11 Maxima new on 03/31/2011 and have had an issue with the passenger side airbag light coming on with an adult passenger in the seat. When the light is on, it reflects that the airbag is in the 'off' position. I have brought the problem to my dealer's attention, Giles Nissan, Lafayette, LA ever since my first 3,750 oil change service, and was given a variety of reasons. At first the dealer could not locate the trouble then I was told that it was normal. I finally brought my wife with me and rode with a service tech who witnessed the problem. Since then, different techs at different times have experienced the light on, however the issue has not yet been resolved.

Overall a great car!
By juskishi on 02/29/12 13:29 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have a 2011 Maxima with premium package and overall I absolutely love this car. I moved up from my 2009 Altima SL and couldn't be much happier. The only problems are interior noises from the radio/climate console (which i think could use a redesign), what sounds like the rear window, and vibration and noise from the front passenger seat when unoccupied. The noises seem to be worse when it's colder out and I haven't owned it during the summer yet so I'm hoping to see a reduction of the noise soon. Other than that, I feel the nav and voice recognition system do not work very well. Otherwise, the look and feel of the rest of the car is great and think it's a great car for the price.

Rattles
By nissan_maxim on 02/22/12 18:41 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Love everything about the car except the rattles. I hear one above the steering column. There is one on the plastic piece that has all the temperature and radio buttons. I hear one over by the passenger side where the seat belt is located. Of course these rattles come and go. I took it to the dealer who appearently fixed a rattle but I couldn't tell. Also said that the rattle where the radio butttons were couldn't be fixed yet they somehow made the rattle louder. You also can actually see my passenger seat vibrate as I'm driving although the wife doesn't mind it:)

Rattles and more.
By wayne4al on 01/24/12 08:25 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car has more ratttles than a babies crib! I can't even find them all. I can't open the sun roof it rattles so bad. I have one coming from the back some where. There are others. The seats belts scratch up the inside of the passager sides. I also have a strong gasoline odor at times. Car is on its way to the shop.

junk!!!
By tattoome81 on 12/25/11 20:21 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

overpriced piece of junk. this is by far the worst riding car ive driven or been in. you feel every bump in this car even if the road looks smooth you feel everything, and god forbid you are accelerating when you hit a bump, you better be holding on to the steering wheel with two hands as tight as you can. besides the ride its not a user friendly interior either. the position of the power windows is on the dash toward the left of the steering wheel, making it almost impossible to adjust the mirrors while driving. 36k and no memory seats or heated mirrors?! what a waste of money. horrible gas mileage

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Maxima in VA is:

$146 per month*