2010 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Think Twice

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Review

Think Twice
By Bulova on

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I got the Maxima as a trade in at first the car was nice. Then things just started to happen. I noticed the fog lights would sweat when I washed the car. Then I noticed the drivers seat would tilt back when you take off. I also noticed that my rear bumper didn't fit right. And I also noticed a noise coming from the front of the car. And I called Nissan to see if the car was part of the recall and they told it wasn't. I took the car into the dealership and they said the noise I was hearing was part of the recall. So much for a car company knowing its vehicles.

Keyless Start

Nissan needs to improve on this value, the Maxima has poor resale value. I mean they slap I high price tag on a vehicle that doesn't hold it's value nor is safe to drive.
By 4door350
on 01/23/12 11:46 AM (PST)

I can't comment on your issues, there is one bad apple with ALL MANUFACTURERS, and I'm sorry to hear about these issues. And actually the Maxima has won 4 years in a row (08-12) To hold "THE BEST RESALE VALUE OF ANY FULL SIZE SEDAN ON THE ROAD" and a car doesn't win such a prestigious award for no reason. It's one of the safest cars to drive with 5 star crash ratings and technologies other companies still don't have. And I'd love to know what "high price tag" is when compared to other vehicles in it's class is the least expensive by far. Once again I feel bad for your negative experience, but that doesn't make it a bad car when some moron didn't read something right about a call back, it was probably the stupid bug, clearly the guy in the dealer addressed the issue, but before you go bad mouthing a car know all the facts instead of basing them on one experience as a matter of fact there isn't one domestic manufacturer vehicle I have EVER owned that has quality and reliability remotely close to Nissan.