2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5L V6 CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Sporty 4Door

2010 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

3.5 SV Sedan (3.5L V6 CVT Automatic)

Sporty 4Door
By X370Z on

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded my '09 370Z for the '10 Max SV. Z was a great sports car. The Max is a great 4 dr "sporty" car. Gobs of power instantly ready on command, holds tight in continuous radius corners (once one gets used to front wheel drive), and very comfortable and quiet on long commutes. 3.5 L engine NVH is superior to the 3.7 L, smooth all the way to red line. I enjoy the CVT, and the sport-shift function when I want to set my hair on fire. Discounts Nissan is offering (see Edmund's TMV) make the decision to purchase this car a no-brainer. You can pay more for a TL, TSX, A4, 329, or C- class. But, make sure you can handle the grins of the Max drivers as they dust your overly-expensive anemic ride at will.

Favorite Features

On demand power. Quiet engine at cruise, roary (but smooth to red line, never grainy) when I put the whip to her. Comfortable interior, nicely finished. CVT facilitates the "luxury drive" experience, and sport mode is a hoot.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder lid lip interferes with medium and small drinks. Either make the two-cup body (not the tray) wider, or deploy a different mechanism (e.g. rolling and disappearing door) to cover it.