2010 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Sporty 4Door

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Review

Sporty 4Door
By X370Z on

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded my '09 370Z for the '10 Max SV. Z was a great sports car. The Max is a great 4 dr "sporty" car. Gobs of power instantly ready on command, holds tight in continuous radius corners (once one gets used to front wheel drive), and very comfortable and quiet on long commutes. 3.5 L engine NVH is superior to the 3.7 L, smooth all the way to red line. I enjoy the CVT, and the sport-shift function when I want to set my hair on fire. Discounts Nissan is offering (see Edmund's TMV) make the decision to purchase this car a no-brainer. You can pay more for a TL, TSX, A4, 329, or C- class. But, make sure you can handle the grins of the Max drivers as they dust your overly-expensive anemic ride at will.

On demand power. Quiet engine at cruise, roary (but smooth to red line, never grainy) when I put the whip to her. Comfortable interior, nicely finished. CVT facilitates the "luxury drive" experience, and sport mode is a hoot.

Cup holder lid lip interferes with medium and small drinks. Either make the two-cup body (not the tray) wider, or deploy a different mechanism (e.g. rolling and disappearing door) to cover it.