2010 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: 9 months later

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Review

9 months later
By Michael on

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I still love this car as much as the day I bought it. Over 7,000 miles now and there is only one small issue I have noticed. I tend to always drive in sport mode because the engine seems to shift better and is more responsive. When driving in automatic, especially if you floor it, the engine will stay at a high rpm as if it will not shift into the next gear. It gets annoying although the car is more fuel efficient in automatic mode than sport mode. So, that being said the car is definitely more fun to drive in sport mode. I would rate the gas mileage at or a little above average. I like to drive fast and accelerate hard, plus I always use 93 octane. It can be expensive sometimes to fill up.

I love how easy it is to interface my ipod with the stereo. Blue tooth is awesome! I can drive and talk hands free. I have recorded some cd's to the hard drive and love that feature too. Bose stereo system is great. The steering and handling on this car is one of my favorite features.

The oil changes are so expensive! About $90 at the dealer with the ester oil. I hope the ester oil actually makes a difference and will extend the life of my engine in the long run. Otherwise, I will feel like I have been paying 3 or 4 times the average cost of an oil change for nothing.
By kfdmed
on 01/29/11 15:15 PM (PST)

It's a CVT transmission it doesn't shift period. DOH! In sport mode it "fake shifts" and is slower and less efficient.