Used 2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Expensive oil change
By elstac4

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First oil change, total shock, $89.00 are they kidding? Should be told when buying car, told it is special oil. I am going to ask other dealers what they charge.

pick up

regular oil

Best Car
By Larry Mathews

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned every in the $30,000 to $40,000 range. Nissan maxima has proven to be the best. Performance, driving, warranty and gas mileage. I own a 2010 with everything and it's a dream car to drive. I think the only car better is infinity. Maxima has redesigned this car with you in mind. The driver seat fits you like a race car. You feel very safe and secure. Gas mileage is okay as long as you don't get on it. All I can say is what a car. I'm very happy. Sincerely, Larry Mathews

Voice activation hands free phone. Individual air conditioned seats and dash. Leather interior. CVT Transmission. Bose XM Radio system. Back up camera. Car handling.

More leg room for taller people in front driver seat. Make cup holder open the correct way. It's passenger friendly right now. Vented rotors for better break life. Ford has a 305 HP that gets 33 miles per gallon. Why can't Nissan Maxima.

Recall Please
By Blu one

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

These cars have some real problems. Only have 1700 miles, and when the accelerator is pressed it sometimes does not go. This is a serious problem and if you have one you need to take it to the dealer.

Everything but the fact that it want go.

Get rid of CVT

I am in love with my new Maxima!
By Ehunter

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just purchased my 2010 Maxima a few days ago, but since the remodel was introduced back in 2008 with the 2009 models, I have been in love. I traded in my 2008 Altima for this Maxima and have no regrets. While I loved the Alitma and it was a good drive, it doesn't even compare with how much fun the Maxima is to drive. I look forward to getting in the car and taking it for a spin! The 290 HP is amazing and blows other sedans away on the road. It's a smooth, comfortable ride. I was initially worried about the size, but coming from the Altima, I don't feel like it's much different in size. I liked having the different choices of packages and love the Sport package's 19" rims.

290 HP, Sport package options, exterior luxury appearance, Nissan customer service, reasonable price for great quality! Bluetooth works great and love having the option for Satellite radio without having to purchase the Technology package.

Better MPG on city roads, more "standard" options, more interior storage space, larger sunglass compartment, CD storage compartment (like Altima's)

Wow, is this fun to drive!
By sandiana

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I absolutely love it so far! I just bought my Maxima SV on Saturday, so this review is based on my initial impressions. It's a very powerful engine (I traded up from an '07 Camry with 268 HP, and while that was a powerful car this seems much more so) and I'm loving the CVT. I went w/the Monitor & Cold Pkgs, and the mats & splash guards. I got an amazing deal so decided to lease, when I typically buy my cars. I love that I was able to upgrade to a nicer, much more expensive car at such a reasonable price, and be able to get a new car in 39 months. My high ratings on Reliability & Build Quality are only a guess. I will update this review if anything changes down the road.

Appearance, powerful engine, smooth CVT -- and the stereo w/Bose speakers is incredible! It's very comfortable and luxurious, and with the current incentives, my lease deal was almost too good to pass up.

The upgraded stereo system should have a 6-CD changer. The placement of the USB port is awkward (as a driver I can't see it & have to feel around for it). Interior space could be a little wider. Those are my only 'wants' at this time.

• SUV