Used 2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Recall Please
By Blu one

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

These cars have some real problems. Only have 1700 miles, and when the accelerator is pressed it sometimes does not go. This is a serious problem and if you have one you need to take it to the dealer.

Favorite Features

Everything but the fact that it want go.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of CVT

I am in love with my new Maxima!
By Ehunter

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just purchased my 2010 Maxima a few days ago, but since the remodel was introduced back in 2008 with the 2009 models, I have been in love. I traded in my 2008 Altima for this Maxima and have no regrets. While I loved the Alitma and it was a good drive, it doesn't even compare with how much fun the Maxima is to drive. I look forward to getting in the car and taking it for a spin! The 290 HP is amazing and blows other sedans away on the road. It's a smooth, comfortable ride. I was initially worried about the size, but coming from the Altima, I don't feel like it's much different in size. I liked having the different choices of packages and love the Sport package's 19" rims.

Favorite Features

290 HP, Sport package options, exterior luxury appearance, Nissan customer service, reasonable price for great quality! Bluetooth works great and love having the option for Satellite radio without having to purchase the Technology package.

Suggested Improvements

Better MPG on city roads, more "standard" options, more interior storage space, larger sunglass compartment, CD storage compartment (like Altima's)

Wow, is this fun to drive!
By sandiana

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I absolutely love it so far! I just bought my Maxima SV on Saturday, so this review is based on my initial impressions. It's a very powerful engine (I traded up from an '07 Camry with 268 HP, and while that was a powerful car this seems much more so) and I'm loving the CVT. I went w/the Monitor & Cold Pkgs, and the mats & splash guards. I got an amazing deal so decided to lease, when I typically buy my cars. I love that I was able to upgrade to a nicer, much more expensive car at such a reasonable price, and be able to get a new car in 39 months. My high ratings on Reliability & Build Quality are only a guess. I will update this review if anything changes down the road.

Favorite Features

Appearance, powerful engine, smooth CVT -- and the stereo w/Bose speakers is incredible! It's very comfortable and luxurious, and with the current incentives, my lease deal was almost too good to pass up.

Suggested Improvements

The upgraded stereo system should have a 6-CD changer. The placement of the USB port is awkward (as a driver I can't see it & have to feel around for it). Interior space could be a little wider. Those are my only 'wants' at this time.

We love this car!
By trbojnky

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought a 2010 Ocean Grey SV loaded with all the options. We love this car! We looked at many other cars and kept coming back to the Maxima. It is not a sports car, but it's more than fast enough for a family sedan. This car is a blast to drive! The nav works great and the XM radio is awesome to have. This color is stunning on this car, it's gray with a blue undertone. Our dealer (McCarthy Nissan) was an absolute pleasure to deal with! We look forward to many great years with this car.

Favorite Features

Nav system, HIDs, Muscular looks, Great fit and finish, Bose sound system, rear vision camera

Suggested Improvements

I wish you didn't have to buy all the toys just to get the HID headlights. I don't care for the back seat in the sport or premium models. No 19 inch wheels without the sport package.

Loved it
By SHARAKIN54

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Loved it till the CVT messed up during a Memorial Day trip.. This is a great car to drive and really love everything about it. Wanted one for ever since the body was re designed. Could use more interior storage,

Favorite Features

Body style, performance

Suggested Improvements

Can the CVT, ours is in the shop and has been since June 1, waiting on valve body for CVT,been told it will the first of July before it is here, Nissan needs to go back to a 5-6 speed automatic