Used 2010 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Bad Transmission
By Dave

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I really like this car however the CVT transmission has a flaw. It sometimes will not take off from a stop and the main problem with that is it just happens no warning signs or anything. Could be very dangerous if you pull out in traffic expecting your car to move and it decides not to! Car is at the dealership now with them trying to figure what is wrong. This car scares me and I only hope Nissan can assure me they have it fixed! It seems that this is a problem Nissan has had with the CVT for a while. I would not buy one until Nissan can prove the problem has been solved!

Iphone and Aux Audio system..
By et2aussie

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I really like everything about my maxima. Except that they only have a usb port to use with your mp3 player and if you have an iPod, it won't work. I have an iphone and won't work when I plug it to the audio system of my car.

Get the audio system to work with the Iphone

I love mine too!
By Karen

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had been admiring this model for some time in a parking garage, so externally I already loved it, but then when I sat in one, I was "all in" visually. Shopped around looking at other models, then walked in to a dealership to test drive. Let me say I came from a older Honda CR-V which was practical but with no pizazz, so I was ready for something more "dynamic." The seat comfort is quite nice, love the sound system, the ride is quick (I love that!) when I need it be be, and smooth all the time. Prior to my SUV, I have owned some pretty nice luxury cars in the past, but I have to say this one has it all for me. I read every single review for this car on this site, which was helpful. Thanks!

Became quickly addicted to not having to fish out the keys from my handbag! Unlock door,(touch the handle) no key, start car, no key, re-lock door, no key! The music box recording all my CDs, love that.The handling of the car, the V-6 pick-up, the sleek look, the seat comfort. It's all great!

Drivers side mirror placement causes partial obstructed view during sharp left turns (as from a turn lane) Yes, and the cup holder cover could be turned the other way, but really. Otherwise, I have no suggestions.

Think Twice
By Bulova

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I got the Maxima as a trade in at first the car was nice. Then things just started to happen. I noticed the fog lights would sweat when I washed the car. Then I noticed the drivers seat would tilt back when you take off. I also noticed that my rear bumper didn't fit right. And I also noticed a noise coming from the front of the car. And I called Nissan to see if the car was part of the recall and they told it wasn't. I took the car into the dealership and they said the noise I was hearing was part of the recall. So much for a car company knowing its vehicles.

Keyless Start

Nissan needs to improve on this value, the Maxima has poor resale value. I mean they slap I high price tag on a vehicle that doesn't hold it's value nor is safe to drive.

CVT Issue
By Ron A

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

For the MOST part I love this car, but recently while on a long trip I noticed a SERIOUS problem. When I pulled off the interstate for gas and came to a stop sign and attempted to accelerate from the sign and merge into traffic there was practically NO POWER. If there had been a truck or a car that was just a little bit closer to me there could have very easily been an accident. I brought it to my dealer as soon as I returned from my trip but they just reported to me that they could not reproduce the situation. SCARY! It has happened to me several times since!!

Power most of the time, backup camera, styling.

Need to address this SERIOUS CVT deficiency when trying to accelerate from a stand still after driving on the highway for an extended period of time.

• SUV