2010 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Solid Near Luxury Sedan
By Riverdog on 04/14/10 13:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I thought it was bit pricey until I test drove my new Maxima SV. It's a solid near luxury sedan with excellent performance. My only concern was with the CVT but I've learned to like it especially for economy and the manual mode is a hoot but watch out for the law as this thing gets up to speed in a hurry. My mileage has averaged about 24 in combo driving which I'm quite satisfied with. In my opinion, the exterior (mine is Crimson Black) is absolutely gorgeous and the interior is about the most comfortable of any vehicle I've ever owned.

Great Value---But Not a "4DSC".
By 4wheelpiliot on 03/29/10 08:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just leased a 2010 Maxima SV Premium Tech. This may be the best overall value in the segment...great style, very high feature content, solid performance and great build quality. I've owned BMW, Infiniti, MB, Toyota, Acura, Nissan. Crossed-shopped TL SH- AWD, Audi A4/S4, 3 series. These are all superior 4 Door Sports Cars. But these are much more expensive to own and insure. FWD and CVT just can't come close to the level of pure driving excitement. The Maxima is simply a great car for the money....and in this economy, that is what I needed.

Maxima - Best luxury, performance & Valu
By Maxima Vs. The G on 03/26/10 18:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My Infiniti G35X lease was up - price went up so looked at Maxima,Acura TL, Hyundai Genesis, Accord - Maxima best program & over-all package - ended up with White/ charcoal interior - Sv with prem, Tech & spoiler. More luxury than Accord More comfortable than my G, better gas mileage, more room & handles good enough - Miss rear wheel & AWD slighly

2nd Maxima
By 2010 Maxima SV-Sport on 03/21/10 09:17 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my second Maxima, previously I had a 2007. No mechanical problems with the previous one, but at least they have improved the turning radius. I love the look of the new one and the performance.

IMPRESSIVE!
By Richard Serna on 03/18/10 08:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very firm on the road, but quiet. Very powerful, enjoy driving this vehicle. The monitor is a great help for us when backing up. Easy access to all of the controls for this vehicle to operate. Just take this vehicle for a test ride, you won't be sorry.

A better G
By paul on 03/17/10 19:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just leased a SV with premium and tech packages. Got a super deal. Coming out of a G35x. The drivers seat on the Maxima is more comfortable with the heated seat also warming your back. Cannot wait to try the ac in the seat. You can reach the seat power adjusters easier on this car. Performance is very near the Infinity but slightly improved gas economy.The nav system is very easy to ues. The bluetooth works just as in the G, Nissan parts commonality at work. I drive more than 20,000 miles a year and this car has enough tech stuff to make that a a pleasure. I think is a great value compared to most entry level luxury competitors.

So far so good
By robtroxel on 03/13/10 16:44 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car has every option and it really seems to be a great road car. I was apprehensive about the CVT but after you understand how it works you become a fan. I'm getting 27-29 mpg on the road during break in and now averaging 25.2 overall with a mix of city and open road driving. If you drive aggressively, the mpg's go down considerably. I'm using mid grade gas with no pinging and get plenty of power. The back seat room is lacking compared to the Accord. Nissan missed the mark and overpriced the MSRP on this car. Fortunately there are great deals that bring down the actual selling price down much lower. If in the market, give this car a look.

Not Missing My G35x
By Jon on 03/12/10 19:56 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

With the lease expiring on my 2007 G35x, I replaced it with a new 2010 Maxima SV with Premium and Tech packages. The G was a great car, but, especially given its much lower "real world" lease price, the Maxima is better in every way except for higher speed handling on curvy roads. The Maxima is a smoother, quieter highway cruiser that is just as fast as the G, and has far more luxury features for the money.

Amazing...
By Rob on 03/12/10 12:21 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Picked up my Maxima is Navy Blue with Black leather fully loaded... Amazed with the quality of materials but more amazed with the power. I was on the verge of getting an altima v6 when the GM of the Dealership had me test drive the Maxima, a "real" v6 and holy moly... Altima was out of the race instantly and now this beautiful Maxima sits on front of my house. Could not be happier with it!

Nine Tenths There
By MaximaOwner on 03/09/10 13:56 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very nice to drive and very good deal for the price paid. Plenty of power with very slight steering pull on quick acceleration. Very good tech content.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Maxima in VA is:

$150 per month*