2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Don't warranty to be approved.
By tbeard0902 on 02/07/13 15:10 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I own a 2010 Nissan Maxima. I took it to Gray Daniels Nissan in Brandon MS for a warranty claim on the driver seat back. The pins on the seat back had broken and thus the back was laying on the rear seat. The claim was denied by the service manager in Aug. 2012 and again in January 2013 and again by Nissan Customer Care. The reason for not approving the warranty was that their was physical damage. However, they agreed there were no tears, scuffs, marks, or scratches of any kind on the seat or seat back. Thus the very reason we came to Nissan was for warranty of the broken pins and the reason we were denied warranty was that the pin were broken. WOW!

My 2010 Maxima
By C and K Jones on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The new body style is what drew us to our 2010 Maxima. We love the winter frost color and the car come with so many standard features it was to good to pass on.

2010 Maxima - Fit and Finish
By maximapa1 on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great car to drive and fantastic looks all around. Finding some "fit and finish" issues. Leather seats starting to "shed" through perforations. Like the cost and initial perforamnce but wondering about how this car will wear. Interior carpet is very weak. Hook for drivers side mat already causing a hole in carpet.

Solid Car
By Karl M on 08/22/10 10:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Have driven the car about 2,500 miles both in the city and on the highway. Highway mileage about 28 mpg whether or not I use the recommended premium fuel. Best mileage was 33 mpg -- worst 22 mpg. Good power. Comfortable interior for 4 people. Sunroof is great. Trunk a bit small -- can fit 1 large suitcase and 3 small ones. Overall, am quite happy with the Maxima.

Maxima
By Tim on 08/13/10 14:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The car handles like a dream. The pickup and go is smooth and fast. It's a classy sedan.

Bad Transmission
By Dave on 07/27/10 14:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I really like this car however the CVT transmission has a flaw. It sometimes will not take off from a stop and the main problem with that is it just happens no warning signs or anything. Could be very dangerous if you pull out in traffic expecting your car to move and it decides not to! Car is at the dealership now with them trying to figure what is wrong. This car scares me and I only hope Nissan can assure me they have it fixed! It seems that this is a problem Nissan has had with the CVT for a while. I would not buy one until Nissan can prove the problem has been solved!

Expensive oil change
By elstac4 on 07/01/10 12:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First oil change, total shock, $89.00 are they kidding? Should be told when buying car, told it is special oil. I am going to ask other dealers what they charge.

GREAT CAR but think twice before you buy
By CAR CRAZEEEE on 06/07/10 21:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Let me start by writing Nissan makes the best cars. I've had my 10' maxima for about a month and I'm thrilled driving it. Here it goes "pros" fast, comfy, power upon demand, style and safety. "cons" premium gas, $pecial e$ter oil, interior design, cheap radio, not enough storage, fuel economy avg 21-23 mpg at 30 hwy miles daily and I don't even Punch the car to enjoy the "performance" all doors opens at one stage only or you have to open all the way unlike altima and toyotas they have three stage door opening, dark interior, cheap head lights, too expensive for s type at 31k and back seats are too small. Bottom line think twice before you buy it. I should have kept my 2009 Nissan altima.

Awesome
By Gwalker on 05/10/10 13:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Maxima is a wonderful vehicle. We stepped down from a SUV and have not missed the ride and space that our Suv provided. Jim Keras Nissan helped us make our selection and we are more than pleased. Would definitely purchase another Maxima in the future.

I love my 2010 Maxima!!!!
By Erica on 04/28/10 09:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just traded in my '04Altima 3.5 with 89k on it. I did not have one problem with this car, just one reason I purchased a Maxima. I LOVE this Maxima, the new design is so sleek, sporty yet classy. I love the CVT transmission, and my god does this thing fly, you gotta love 290hp!!! I'm breaking her in easy though. But can't wait to really drive her! I bought it in the Tuscan sun (deep red) love the two tone interior! I got a base. Love that a moonroof and 6disc cd is standard and with 290hp? great price!!!!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan in VA is:

$150 per month*