2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Don't warranty to be approved.
By tbeard0902 on 02/07/13 15:10 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I own a 2010 Nissan Maxima. I took it to Gray Daniels Nissan in Brandon MS for a warranty claim on the driver seat back. The pins on the seat back had broken and thus the back was laying on the rear seat. The claim was denied by the service manager in Aug. 2012 and again in January 2013 and again by Nissan Customer Care. The reason for not approving the warranty was that their was physical damage. However, they agreed there were no tears, scuffs, marks, or scratches of any kind on the seat or seat back. Thus the very reason we came to Nissan was for warranty of the broken pins and the reason we were denied warranty was that the pin were broken. WOW!

Superb vehicle and value
By cme4brain on 12/30/10 18:54 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my wife's car but I drive it mostly. I have owned 2 Benzes, 2 BMW's, 2 Volvo's, and this is the best of all them. This car has the style and horsepower that betters all of those vehicles. The interior quality and transmission are excellent. Its driving feel is just a tick below the Germans, but its reliability is head and shoulders above them- all my German cars cost me $$$$ to keep on the road. And watch for $300 M-B oil changes! Nope, this is a wonderful car.

15K Miles & 7 Months Later - GREAT!
By tlluvr on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

See my previous posts for more info under Third Timer. Just want to clarify this car does not require Ester type oil which some dealers are charging over $90 to replace at oil change time. Nissan recommends this type oil, but any synthetic 5W30 oil will suffice. You can also use NON-synthetic oil as long as you change it every 3000 miles. Do not waste your money for $100 oil changes! Ester is a component of synthetic oil formulas, not some mystical oil type only Nissan makes! Don't be fooled! Also, premium gas is recommended but not required! Need a minimum of 87 octane. Reference Nissan Owner Man. I highly recommend this vehicle...a fantastic value!

2010 Nissan Maxima Engine knocking
By Ricky Boby on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a 2010 Nissan maxima and every time I fill up the gas tank, the engine start making a knocking noise. But once the tank gets to 3/4 the knocking goes away. I have been putting shell V-Power in my car since the day I got it.

great car
By ahr2 on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my second max I still own my 1995.This 2010 is the feel of a sports car with a little more room. The features on this model are great. The heated seats and steering wheel are my favorite.

My 2010 Maxima
By C and K Jones on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The new body style is what drew us to our 2010 Maxima. We love the winter frost color and the car come with so many standard features it was to good to pass on.

2010 Maxima - Fit and Finish
By maximapa1 on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great car to drive and fantastic looks all around. Finding some "fit and finish" issues. Leather seats starting to "shed" through perforations. Like the cost and initial perforamnce but wondering about how this car will wear. Interior carpet is very weak. Hook for drivers side mat already causing a hole in carpet.

Hands Down Best Car I've Ever Owned
By mjg on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned three Maximas prior to the 2010 and this is by far my favorite. The features are comparable to that of a $50,000 luxury sedan. If you are on the fence, go with the Nissan. Best buy for the money!

better then the rest at that price
By Fl. Frank on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

this is the 1st Yr. of my 2nd new Max. I like the car better than my last one (04) in comfort and style. The cvt takes time to get used to, I think it might be the engine noise at shifts? One thing I miss is the 6 pack cd player. We bought the crimson Blk. with Cafe inside,happy with that as it turns heads and draws Attn. when parked. I changed my grill to a SS wire type found on the Jags. took off the Nissan badging too,also added hand painted custom pin stripe and blacked in rear windows and lighter tint in the front ones. I wished they would have made the rear seat to fold down like my old one, Separating the nav. from the back up camera price nice touch. Having a Great Dlr. is nice too.

Uh Huh!
By Sport Package on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just traded-in my Infiniti G35 for the 2010 Maxima. One word: wow! I am 6'3", and the G35 simply doesn't accommodate a man my size, the Maxima does. The 2010 Maxima is an incredible car - I bought the sport package and love it. I actually look forward to driving.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan in VA is:

$150 per month*