Used 2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Superb vehicle and value
By cme4brain

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my wife's car but I drive it mostly. I have owned 2 Benzes, 2 BMW's, 2 Volvo's, and this is the best of all them. This car has the style and horsepower that betters all of those vehicles. The interior quality and transmission are excellent. Its driving feel is just a tick below the Germans, but its reliability is head and shoulders above them- all my German cars cost me $$$$ to keep on the road. And watch for $300 M-B oil changes! Nope, this is a wonderful car.

Exterior styling, seat comfort, horsepower, CVT transmission, A/C. There is no reason to by the Infiniti equivalent.

The NAV system is somewhat confusing, and all input/requests are blocked when you are moving- not able for example to look for a different address or a particular restaurant at your destination once you are moving. THe input for the NAV and editing functions are cryptic, could be much easier.

15K Miles & 7 Months Later - GREAT!
By tlluvr

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

See my previous posts for more info under Third Timer. Just want to clarify this car does not require Ester type oil which some dealers are charging over $90 to replace at oil change time. Nissan recommends this type oil, but any synthetic 5W30 oil will suffice. You can also use NON-synthetic oil as long as you change it every 3000 miles. Do not waste your money for $100 oil changes! Ester is a component of synthetic oil formulas, not some mystical oil type only Nissan makes! Don't be fooled! Also, premium gas is recommended but not required! Need a minimum of 87 octane. Reference Nissan Owner Man. I highly recommend this vehicle...a fantastic value!

Engine performance, styling like a Jag, dependability, roominess, dual sunroof, nav, Bose stereo, heated & cooled seats, heated steering wheel, NO torque steer like some front wheel drives!

Cover to the cup holder needs to open towards passenger rather than driver, controls for rear shade and heated seats is very difficult to reach when cups are in holders, no accessory mode function when shutting off engine (lose radio reception)

2010 Nissan Maxima Engine knocking
By Ricky Boby

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a 2010 Nissan maxima and every time I fill up the gas tank, the engine start making a knocking noise. But once the tank gets to 3/4 the knocking goes away. I have been putting shell V-Power in my car since the day I got it.

great car
By ahr2

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my second max I still own my 1995.This 2010 is the feel of a sports car with a little more room. The features on this model are great. The heated seats and steering wheel are my favorite.

Hands Down Best Car I've Ever Owned
By mjg

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned three Maximas prior to the 2010 and this is by far my favorite. The features are comparable to that of a $50,000 luxury sedan. If you are on the fence, go with the Nissan. Best buy for the money!

Voice activated Navigation, and ipod direct connect.

Bluetooth audio needs doesn't work very well, but using the ipod direct connect is easier anyway.