Used 2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

A well built machine
By TexasDriver

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought mine with 81000 miles and I used to drive it about 25k per year. Very well built car, has alot of nice options and everything seems to work rather well. Bluetooth kind of sucks, people would complain they can't hear me well. I had heated/cooled seat, yes singular... Nissan decided it was too much to give the passenger a cooled seat too even though it has perforated leather like the driver's seat.... Anyway, heated seat for the passenger. Heated steering wheel was really nice. Leather held up really nice all the way to 150k miles(I just sold it). You don't need Nissan's 'ester oil' just use mobile1 fully synthetic every 7k miles. Dealership charged me $40 to do so in Houston. Bought some OEM recommended Goodyear Eagle RS-1 tires which gave me about 50k miles (mostly highway) and held up really well in terms of traction in the crazy rains in Houston.

Relpairs:
Replaced the belt at 145k miles, it was getting very dry and cracking, pretty cheap ~$80.
Resurfaced rotors (never bought new ones idk if the guy before me did), and ofcourse breakpads.
Changed spark plugs at 100k, pay a few more dollars and use OEM spark plugs, it's the most optimum option for your engine.
Had to replace shocks and struts at 100k, this one is due to a leak. It would've ate up my new tires and vibration is never good for a mechanical equipment, alot of people cut corners and pay for other problems. This one however is on Nissan, appearantly its a known issue, and nissan recalled for it. I didn't know... My loss. ($1000) for all 4 OEM shocks and struts + labor. I took off a star for reliability for this one.

Superb vehicle and value
By cme4brain

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my wife's car but I drive it mostly.
I have owned 2 Benzes, 2 BMW's, 2 Volvo's, and this is the best of all them.
This car has the style and horsepower that betters all of those vehicles.
The interior quality and transmission are excellent.
Its driving feel is just a tick below the Germans, but its reliability is head and shoulders above them- all my German cars cost me $$$$ to keep on the road.
And watch for $300 M-B oil changes!
Nope, this is a wonderful car.

Exterior styling, seat comfort, horsepower, CVT transmission, A/C. There is no reason to by the Infiniti equivalent.

The NAV system is somewhat confusing, and all input/requests are blocked when you are moving- not able for example to look for a different address or a particular restaurant at your destination once you are moving. THe input for the NAV and editing functions are cryptic, could be much easier.

15K Miles & 7 Months Later - GREAT!
By tlluvr

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

See my previous posts for more info under Third Timer. Just want to clarify this car does not require Ester type oil which some dealers are charging over $90 to replace at oil change time. Nissan recommends this type oil, but any synthetic 5W30 oil will suffice. You can also use NON-synthetic oil as long as you change it every 3000 miles. Do not waste your money for $100 oil changes! Ester is a component of synthetic oil formulas, not some mystical oil type only Nissan makes! Don't be fooled! Also, premium gas is recommended but not required! Need a minimum of 87 octane. Reference Nissan Owner Man. I highly recommend this vehicle...a fantastic value!

Engine performance, styling like a Jag, dependability, roominess, dual sunroof, nav, Bose stereo, heated & cooled seats, heated steering wheel, NO torque steer like some front wheel drives!

Cover to the cup holder needs to open towards passenger rather than driver, controls for rear shade and heated seats is very difficult to reach when cups are in holders, no accessory mode function when shutting off engine (lose radio reception)

2010 Nissan Maxima Engine knocking
By Ricky Boby

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a 2010 Nissan maxima and every time I fill up the gas tank, the engine start making a knocking noise. But once the tank gets to 3/4 the knocking goes away. I have been putting shell V-Power in my car since the day I got it.

great car
By ahr2

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my second max I still own my 1995.This 2010 is the feel of a sports car with a little more room. The features on this model are great. The heated seats and steering wheel are my favorite.