2010 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Superb vehicle and value
By cme4brain on 12/30/10 18:54 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my wife's car but I drive it mostly. I have owned 2 Benzes, 2 BMW's, 2 Volvo's, and this is the best of all them. This car has the style and horsepower that betters all of those vehicles. The interior quality and transmission are excellent. Its driving feel is just a tick below the Germans, but its reliability is head and shoulders above them- all my German cars cost me $$$$ to keep on the road. And watch for $300 M-B oil changes! Nope, this is a wonderful car.

15K Miles & 7 Months Later - GREAT!
By tlluvr on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

See my previous posts for more info under Third Timer. Just want to clarify this car does not require Ester type oil which some dealers are charging over $90 to replace at oil change time. Nissan recommends this type oil, but any synthetic 5W30 oil will suffice. You can also use NON-synthetic oil as long as you change it every 3000 miles. Do not waste your money for $100 oil changes! Ester is a component of synthetic oil formulas, not some mystical oil type only Nissan makes! Don't be fooled! Also, premium gas is recommended but not required! Need a minimum of 87 octane. Reference Nissan Owner Man. I highly recommend this vehicle...a fantastic value!

2010 Nissan Maxima Engine knocking
By Ricky Boby on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a 2010 Nissan maxima and every time I fill up the gas tank, the engine start making a knocking noise. But once the tank gets to 3/4 the knocking goes away. I have been putting shell V-Power in my car since the day I got it.

great car
By ahr2 on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my second max I still own my 1995.This 2010 is the feel of a sports car with a little more room. The features on this model are great. The heated seats and steering wheel are my favorite.

Hands Down Best Car I've Ever Owned
By mjg on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned three Maximas prior to the 2010 and this is by far my favorite. The features are comparable to that of a $50,000 luxury sedan. If you are on the fence, go with the Nissan. Best buy for the money!

better then the rest at that price
By Fl. Frank on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

this is the 1st Yr. of my 2nd new Max. I like the car better than my last one (04) in comfort and style. The cvt takes time to get used to, I think it might be the engine noise at shifts? One thing I miss is the 6 pack cd player. We bought the crimson Blk. with Cafe inside,happy with that as it turns heads and draws Attn. when parked. I changed my grill to a SS wire type found on the Jags. took off the Nissan badging too,also added hand painted custom pin stripe and blacked in rear windows and lighter tint in the front ones. I wished they would have made the rear seat to fold down like my old one, Separating the nav. from the back up camera price nice touch. Having a Great Dlr. is nice too.

Uh Huh!
By Sport Package on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just traded-in my Infiniti G35 for the 2010 Maxima. One word: wow! I am 6'3", and the G35 simply doesn't accommodate a man my size, the Maxima does. The 2010 Maxima is an incredible car - I bought the sport package and love it. I actually look forward to driving.

Fast and fun
By Chris on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I compared the Maxima to an Audi, Mercedez, Cadillac and Lexus. By far, none can compete with the price or the luxury you get with the Maxima. I opted for the luxury package instead of the Sport package, added the spoiler and bought aftermarket rims. Lets just say that no one believes it's a Maxima. This car is responsive, fast and very comfortable. Bluetooth and voice recognition work great. I average 28 miles on the highway, those that complain about the fuel economy need to understand that this car has 290 hp, get a 4 cylinder Corolla if you need to save on gas. I added a high flow air intake and the car roars. If you are looking for a comfortable, luxurious ride, this is it.

Nissan of Old
By JasonIL on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Car is awesome, reminds me of the quality of nissan of old. Car rocks, it's solid, FAST, and feels like it was built well. This is my 5th new Nissan, and it's the best one Ive had. I'm really hoping these first impression of quality is lasting..

9 months later
By Michael on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I still love this car as much as the day I bought it. Over 7,000 miles now and there is only one small issue I have noticed. I tend to always drive in sport mode because the engine seems to shift better and is more responsive. When driving in automatic, especially if you floor it, the engine will stay at a high rpm as if it will not shift into the next gear. It gets annoying although the car is more fuel efficient in automatic mode than sport mode. So, that being said the car is definitely more fun to drive in sport mode. I would rate the gas mileage at or a little above average. I like to drive fast and accelerate hard, plus I always use 93 octane. It can be expensive sometimes to fill up.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Maxima in VA is:

$160 per month*