2009 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Traded 2 BMWs for the Maxima,

2009 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

3.5 SV Sedan (3.5L V6 CVT Automatic)

Traded 2 BMWs for the Maxima, love it
By chrissy grieco on

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My husband owned a BMW 740i and I had a BMW x5 coming off lease. We have been a BMW family for a long time and had been considering a BMW 3 or 5. My husband saw a Maxima in person, and was impressed with the styling, so we went for a test drive. I never expected to get him into this car. We were so impressed with all the features we got in the car (Sport loaded) that a similarly equipped 3 would have been $55k, and we loved the sporty look and feel of the dash board and small steering wheel! We had fun driving it, and were impressed with the 5 star crash ratings. In todays economy, why spend more money for a name, when if you don't look at the emblem, you don't know this is a Nissan.

We loved the styling. Ours is black and with all the chrome, it looks as rich and classy as a BMW or Lexus. The dash is Young looking, not stuffy, and it has a great nav system, fantastic Music Box Bose radio, and features like heated seats, memory positioning, which make you feel quite pampered.

Better gas mileage would be much appreciated, but it is equal to the BMW's. Rain sensing windshield wipers would be nice.