2009 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: The first fouor months....

2009 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

3.5 S Sedan (3.5L V6 CVT Automatic)

The first fouor months....
By ideszamarch on

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The New Maxima is performing as well as any vehicle at this point. The biggest flaw at this time is the MPGs. After taking the car on a several hundred mile trip, the mpg only reached 21.6( highway) This was at an average speed of about 70 mph and very little use of the brake. The sticker touts a 26 mpg rating.(highway) 21.6 represents about 17% less then promised return. OK we are in a recession and everybody is lying about something but I leased this vehicle for the fuel aspect and commuting purposes. I guess even Nissan is involved in their own type of fraud, that being posting unobtainable gas mileage. It still beats the hell out of the 12 mpg I was getting with the Jeep Commander.

For me, the favorite feature of ths vehicle would be the way it looks. It attracts alot of attention. I almost went for a Caddy CTS but my daughter, who is 11, said the Caddy was an old man car.Thinking back to my Dads driving days, I remembered that he always had a Caddy. Love my Dad, no Caddy here.

The radio control imbedded in the steering wheel could use a new location and the alarm is always going off. I guess that would come under key control, but I set it off at least 3 times a week. Overall, plain and simple, I really like the car.