The beast of 2009
By GQ on
2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I must say, my 2009 Maxima is the best vehicle I have ever bought. I bought sept of 2008 with 10 miles. It is almost Mar 2009. I have 17800 miles due to trips from Jacksonville, FL to Delaware and Louisiana. I have made numerous trips to Orlando and Miami as well. Great car, fun to drives and it never gets old. With regular maintenance every 3750 miles, it stills drives new with no problems. It is a huge improvement over the previous Maxima. Yes, I had a 2006 Maxima. It was nice, but too soft and didn't handle nearly as nice. The new Maxima is stiffer, shorter and wider making it the best handling FWD vehicle I have ever driven. I've driven 99.9% of FWD vehicles in North America.
Favorite Features
The Sport package sports a 27% stiffer suspension than my 2006 Maxima. Also the Ds mode is highly addictive and hard to beat in manual mode. I love the cockpit look as well as the racing feel when you sit back and pound the accelerator. Most importantly, the mechanics of the car.
Suggested Improvements
My only complaint is the fact that the 2009 Maxima is more drag restricted than my 2006 Maxima. I can only achieve speeds of 132 MPH. My previous Maxima could achieve 140 MPH. This is due to a drag restricted governor. The wind resistance of the car prevents higher speeds.