Recommended with one stipulation
By Andy92 on
2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I downsized from a 2005 BMW 545i, and I drove almost everything trying to emulate that “ultimate” ride. Well, good luck. This is a nicely equipped sedan, I got the S version with cloth seats. These can get pricey when you move up to an SV with various option packages. If you are used to a rear wheel drive sports sedan, you may not like the front wheel drive. I am having difficulty getting used to the handling drop off. I also drove the 300C and G8 GT, get those if you want rear wheel drive at a similar price point. I may trade it in early. Sigh.
Favorite Features
Great view looking out, with flared fenders like in the G35. Awesome engine sound. Excellent ergonomics. It has almost all the options you would expect, including little things like auto dimming rear view mirror and a pollen filter, which is a big deal in the desert. Oh, and it’s a chick magnet lol!
Suggested Improvements
Rear wheel or all wheel drive, obviously. The engine sound is not coming out of the rear end, which is a little gimmicky, but it still sounds sweet. The ride might be a little rough after a while for some, OK with me. Power seat failed after 100 miles. Expensive oil changes. Requires premium fuel.