2009 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Power needs RWD or AWD

2009 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

3.5 S Sedan (3.5L V6 CVT Automatic)

Power needs RWD or AWD
By jolros on

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've owned the basic, basic Maxima a year now. Great power. Need to merge on the freeway? no problem it'll suck everyone to the seat. Any pothole or uneven surface though will pull the car in the direction you're steering with the torque. I didn't get the 19" rims and regret it. It doesn't handle like my IS250, but will smoke it at any speed. Needs AWD or RWD, but nice and roomy, where my IS250 has a huge bump for the drive train. Get the high intensity lights too, I can't tell if my lights are on. I wish this car had half the turning radius of my IS250 which can u-turn in like 1 lane vs. 3 lanes for the Maxima. All in all, very pleased. 0-60 in 6.2sec by just mashing the gas. Its fun.

Down shifting in a turn and accelerating smoothly without jump of an auto transmission. Trunk can fit two of my son's 16" bicycles and more. Cockpit is nice. Keyless. No problems with CVT, but Nissan extended the warranty on it.

Panic button on remote needs to be hidden a little better or smaller, it goes off in my pocket a lot at home. Trunk latch works fine, but is loud and clanky. Tighten turning radius. Cup holders and power outlet for the back seat (maybe its an upgrade). For safety, high intensity lights are a must.