Infiniti, BMW and Lexus watch out!
By Hokienut on
2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
My wife and I just purchased the 3.5 SV premium fully loaded. The looks of this car are great inside and out. The engine and transmission are second to none for its class and there are enough gadgets on the car to make any “gadget freak” blush. There are 2 modes for driving: an automatic mode or an “aggressive” manual mode which we found impressive. We test drove the Infinity M35 AWD prior to our purchase and the Maxima gave it a run for its money; in some instances beating it. The car is roomy and comfortable, however if you’re a person over 6’ tall, I recommend not sitting in the back seat with the front seats all the way back. I would be surprised if this car didn’t win best car of '09.
Favorite Features
This thing turns on a dime…and has great acceleration. The navigation control center and Bose system is awesome. The double moon roof and the driver side air conditioned seats are my personal favorites.
Suggested Improvements
The leather seats are a bit stiff on the edges, but still comfortable. My wife had a hard time finding a comfortable position with the head rest since it didn’t tilt back and forth. While parked, I wish the door would unlock upon pulling on the inside door handle. Gas mileage could be a bit better.