2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5L V6 CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Fantistica!

2009 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

3.5 SV Sedan (3.5L V6 CVT Automatic)

Fantistica!
By Carl VP on

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've driven Avalons in past, and an XKR convertible, time for a change. My Maxima has every option but spoiler and Music Box. I've driven 500m, what an exhilarating experience! I haven't ramped them up side by side yet but I believe the Maxima in sport shift is nearly if not as fast 0-60 as the Jag with similar agility in the corners. It would take a lot of practice to beat sport shift mode using the manual mode paddles. Don't like feel of the road, instantaneous, exacting, spirited and nimble response to commands (equal or better than the XKR) forget it. Pedal to the metal passing a semi dogging it, over the distance of the rig, WOW! speedometer north of 100 MPH pulling back in.

Favorite Features

First and foremost power and drive train, handling. Sound system wish I had Music Box. Navigation system is a dream. Expect rear moon roof (not tried, brrr live in Maine) nice feature for rear passengers. Seat comfort. Styling fit and finish. Blue tooth hands free cell phone linkage.

Suggested Improvements

Miss the overhead sunglass storage compartment of the Avalon still searching for a convenient place to store them, maybe it's there but haven't found yet.