Best sedan under $55,000
By jcrichie on
2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I have owned my white Maxima with premium and technology packages for 3 months and 5000 miles. I absolutely love the car. My budget was anything less than around $55k when I was looking which included the Lexus GS350, ES 350, Acura TL and RL. I needed a larger car and wanted something fully loaded out so I didn't bother looking at BMW or Mercedes. The car is very, very comparable to my business partner's Audi A6 4.2, right down to the rear window shade and rear view camera that shows intended travel path. The quality of the materials is very comparable and all for $30k less. This car gets many looks and looks great with the dual sunroof. Highly recommended.
Favorite Features
Quality of materials,rear shade to keep sun off the kiddos, rear view camera that shows where your wheels will end up, voice activated nav (I never use the nav in my wife's Tahoe because it is manual entry, now I use it all the time), stereo system and the seamless iPod interface. The car rocks!
Suggested Improvements
The only suggested improvements are making the music box easier to navigate and making the sport features (19" wheels, etc.) available with all features of the premium pkg. The hardest decision I had when choosing a car wasn't buying a Maxima over a GS350, it was whether to buy the Premium or Sport