Used 2009 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Nissan got it right
By Maxima

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just acquired my 09 Maxima fully loaded with the panoramic sun roof. This car blows the mind. I sometimes have to keep my eye on the speedometer due to the CVT shift. It is very easy to go over speed limit when you don't feel the shift points. Voice control provides another way to manage some of the onboard functions such as navigation, phone and climate control. Bluetooth integration allows me to continue a conversation from my headset over my car's system with very no effort. If you should acquire one you may find yourself spending a few hours playing with all the technology. You will also drive this car just for the sake of driving it.

Voice control, panoramic sunroof, IPOD connection, bluetooth integration

none.

Fantastic
By rooski

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Well, I traded my 06 Mustang GT. Anything within our budget, other than Maxima would have been a terrible disappointment. Plenty of room for three average sized adults (not happening in the Mustang). Great performance, super QUIET, great features, great exterior lines. My husband was really wanting Infiniti, but he wouldn't have it any other way now. Gas mileage is good compared to what I was getting on the Stang. This car is the best of both worlds between sports car and sedan. Great vehicle!

Quiet ride, great interior. This car is SOLID, you can actually hear the doors seal when you close them. Bose sound rocks!

I keep seeing rear wheel drive on other reviews, and I will agree with that. It would be a great option, however, there is nothing wrong with the current vehicle.

Sporty with Comfort
By Bob B.

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

What a fun car to drive. We went thru a lengthy process to pick out a sedan that met mileage, comfort and appearance conditions we deemed important. The Maxima won out no hands down. Mileage is good for a luxury car, about 25 so far with mixed driving, and comfort is superb. We bought the SV model fully loaded and can't be happier. We strongly recommend this vehicle.

The extension on the drivers seat for thigh support is great. The information screen is very clear and easy to read. Of course, the Navtec system is very helpful.

None at this point.

Nice car, but....
By FC

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall, a very nice car, but it has some quirks/issues. Dual panel moonroof very noisy when open and no deflector available. Climate controlled driver's seat doesn't get hot like a regular heated seat. Have to purchase Premium package to get satelitte radio (extra 3K). The ride is not smooth, tires feel like their not balanced even though I have been back to dealer for road force balance - disappointing for a 34K car.

Interior and exterior design.

quieter sunroof, smoother ride

WOW!!!
By Nissan guy forever

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first Maxima, I love it! Its fast, fun, and sexy, its got hips. The Premium pack and I love the double sunroof, just wish the rear one opened. There is an endless power feeling with the CVT trans. With front wheel drive it doesn't feels so much like a sports car, but it handles at a top notch level. On and off ramps can be a lot of fun. If you want the balls to the wall sports car, drop the kids off at grandmas, and buy the 370Z. MPH is not the greatest, but its a big V6. All in all, I'll buy another one when it comes time.

Rear wheel drive