Used 2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

SIMPLY OUTSTANDING
By Black MAX

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned 5 Black Maximas. The last one was 2006. It was a great car but BORING. The 2009 is just flat fun to drive. It is loaded with all the toys; rides a little harder than the 2006 but it does give the sensation of a 4DSC. I just got back from the mountains and it handled like a dream. MPG was OK but the RUSH I got from pushing on the accelerator probably did not help. Looked at Infiniti G37, Lexus 250IS and 350 and Acura TL. Lexus had the best ride but with comparable features to the MAX it got very pricey. Infiniti did not have the room and Acura was Acura I'm just not quite that old yet. For the money the Max was the best value and gets MAXimum ratings on the driving FUNOMETER.

Favorite Features

CVT; BOSE; NAV; BACK UP CAMERA; ACCELERATION; QUIET; Exterior design gets great compliments; Interior design, quality and creature comforts.

Suggested Improvements

Paddle shifter and CVT is somewhat of a contradiction. Lose the paddle shifters. A real nit, but the channel selection button on the steering wheel is raised fairly high and I have hit it by accident on a number of occasion.

COULD BE BETTER.
By carlo

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This Model has a very nice body style. Priced right and fun to drive. Until you make turns, when i make left or right turns into a small dip or driveway at speeds of no more then 2 mph. The struts make a ugly sound they don't take the impact at all. I went back to the dealer 3 times , a rep from Nissan took a look at it. For their fix they went to Home Depot brought a clear PVC tubing and weaved it through the struts to help with the bang. I still here the bang, and this is the best they can do after 35K.

Favorite Features

The car has nice looks Fun to drive straight

Suggested Improvements

Better design for the struts. Move some of the controls.

it's a MAXIMA!.
By riverone

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is amazing,it's my 2nd Max,his appearance and performance is incredible,25mpg is superb,my wife is always impressed with the strong and at the same time smooth ride.We love this car.

Favorite Features

Comfort and Performance,this car at 130miles/hour is really quiet and still is asking x more.

Suggested Improvements

none

Happily traded my lexus for the maxima.
By maxima4life

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just got the car yesterday. I had a leased IS 250 to trade in and was looking to spend less but not downgrade too much. No buyers remorse here! (Except for my backup camera- that was nice.) I got the S model to save some cash and I don't miss the Lexus at all. The Maxima is a blast to drive and looks sleek- I got a compliment after owning it less than 24 hours. It has WAY more room than the IS but drives just as good. It has good pick-up on the highway and really turns heads. I test drove a loaded Camry SE and it just felt boring after owning the IS 250. The Maxima is a great car- I am very satisfied and can't wait to show it off. I got a great deal since it was an 09'. Go get one!

Favorite Features

Body style, VERY comfortable driver's seat- feels like a comfy recliner, light in the trunk which is something the IS doesn't have, 19 in. tires, charcoal interior has great detailed piano stitching, great handling on turns, lots of room in the back seat and trunk, plenty of leg room in the front

Suggested Improvements

Some of the buttons are not in the places you would expect (power side view mirror), have to use premium fuel (did this with the lexus too), wish the trunk would open automatically.

Look No Further
By maxima09

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Coming off a S60, checked the choices but could not pass up the 09 Maxima. Lots more for the $$ compared to what the luxury brands offered. U can feel the 290 horses. Interior space much better then the luxury competition.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Horse Power, decent MPGs.

Suggested Improvements

Regular Gas instead of only Premium .