Used 2009 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Most Helpful|
Almost Perfect
By Blue Max

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a great car!It is super fast, silky smooth,and a lot of fun to drive. It has a feeling of solid precision at 90 MPH.The handling is excellent.Some reviews have said you have to get used to the CVT.Not me,I got used to it on the test drive.This car has an endless supply of smooth power.Also the car looks gorgeous.I have been getting about 22 miles per gallon with fast driving.

Favorite Features

The engine and transmission are an engineering masterpiece. The beautiful styling.

Suggested Improvements

The front seats are too firm and not very comfortable.My previous car was an Acura TSX,and the seats were much more comfortable.

Disgruntled in Ohio
By BIGDAD

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought the SV with sports package. Really like the looks of the car and the engine/ transmission combination is sweet. Mileage is also quite good for a car of this type. My main complaint is that the ride comfort with the sport suspension and the low profile tires is extremely harsh and jittery on any road that is not reasonably smooth. And in my city in Ohio, smooth roads are in short supply. I know it is a sports sedan, but the engineers should have been able to design a more supple ride. In addition, I need to get the front fender repainted due to a dark area on the top. It is covered under warranty but is a real bummer.

Favorite Features

Engine, CVT, mileage, exterior and interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Needs less harsh ride on the less smooth roads. Quality control not the greatest

The Problem Car
By momadukes

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My car was making a roaring noise so I took it to the dealer. The just about replaced the whole front it. The problems with the air condition was exhausting they had to replace the compressor, condenser and found out it was the intake sensor. Now the car is making a squeaking in the back which now it means it need shocks. This car has to many kinks in it that wasn't worked out.

Favorite Features

The car drives and accelerates well . I like the body style it looks very sheek

Suggested Improvements

This car needs to have more research done on it. There are to many small problem which is nerve racking . Then when you deal with Nissan or dealership they are lost and don't really help unless you push the issues. This car needs some recalls on it. These issues are expensive. If you don't have a warranty or an extended one your lost.

DON'T BUY IT
By kay d.

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is the worst car I have owned. I should have kept my previous car. This car is good to look at but nissan compromised on quality with this car. I have been having mechanical problems since purchasing this vehicle and no one can seem to fix the problem. There is a thumping noise coming from the wheel area. The interior is missing simple things like coin compartment and sun/eye glass holder. I am short and feel it lacks head room. the seats are horrible and the air conditioning/heated driver seat is a joke. I am ready to trade in this vehicle in.

Favorite Features

looks of the exterior of the car.

Suggested Improvements

add simple features back to vehicle. lower the price on sv model, not worth the money.

don't buy if you haven't
By tquinquinn

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car over the lexus and geniness because I liked the looks of it, well the car runs rough to say the least It started off making a flapping sound when I first started it at about 20 miles p/hr. then after a while it added the sound of something braking free to engage.I finally took it to the dealer and they didn't know what to make of it finally they told me they think it's the alternator they will start by replacing that and work form there. For the money I paid and the problems I'm having with it I would not recommend to anyone to buy it. my car only has 3000 miles on it. I wish I would have bought that Lexus. for peace.

Favorite Features

body style

Suggested Improvements

fix it