2009 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Sloppy workmanship
By Sadru Dharamsy on 05/31/09 07:04 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just picked up our new Maxima 3.5 SV. Looks gorgeous and rides pretty well. We arrived home and noticed the passenger side window malfunctioning (unusual rattling noise). We opted for the tech package also, and that should have included a compact flsh drive. The cover to the flash drive is jammed solid and won't come. We have to drive 150 miles again and take it to the dealership to have it fixed. Will not pay that kind of money for such sloppy workmanship and less than optimum dealership that does not check the car put prior to selling. Who knows what other surprises are awaiting.

Great Car!!
By harry_0724 on 05/31/09 06:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded in a 2007 Altima 3.5SE. Maxima is great...aggressive styling, good power, lots of great features with the Navigation/Music Box. Plus, I have the Sport Package and it handles nicely.

Fun comfortable ride great Tech
By m on 05/27/09 05:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My last car was the Infiniti M35x loved it but I love this Car more! I bought 5 months ago and have been very happy. I love the lines of this car and the Tech is about the same as what I had in my more expensive M35x. I do not feel that I traded down I was very worried about it but in the end I feel I traded up! This car is really fun to drive I recommend it to anyone who wants great Tech, comfort and a fun sporty drive! Heated steering wheel sealed the deal I would have bought another Infiniti but none of them had a heated wheel! And I saved a lot of money in the process! I am very happy with this car so far!

Excellent
By Justho on 05/23/09 13:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had a 1997 Maxima, which was ok. Saw this car at a car show while comparing to other cars in its price range. This one offers more of everything (power, features, style) than competing models. Great care, highly recommend.

2009 Maxima
By goddale on 05/23/09 09:14 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

No major drawbacks about Nissanís best Maxima yet. These are minor inconveniences and as a result, I would recommend this car. I wish sunglasses cases actually fit todayís sunglasses.

Fun to Drive, Great Electronics Too
By bigstarfan on 05/17/09 05:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I seriously considered (and test-drove) the Toyota Avalon, the Lexus ES330/350 and IS250, and the Maxima was just a better overall vehicle. It's comfortable, stylish, feature-rich, and extremely fun to drive. The CVT transmission is very responsive, the engine has ample power, handles like a sports car, yet has room for 4 people (it has seat belts for 5, but the 5th one had better be a midget). I fell in love with the iPod integration immediately, and the center console computer (I didn't buy the nav) has bucketloads of information if you desire info. I can't say enough about how I enjoy the SmartKey (breaking the habit of taking out a key was easier than I thought). Terrific vehicle!

09 SV- Premium Pkg with Tech Pkg
By Mike on 05/12/09 08:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just bought the 09 Max for wife this past week. We have own one other Max it was a 1997 we loved it. The new body design is great. We first looked at the SV Sport Pkg with Tech pPkg because of the price difference of the premium Pkg but we found a SV Premium w/tech Pre price change for $1000 more and that was with them adding the Rear Spoiler.We wanted the sport look.The voice recognition/bluetooth for the mobile phone is very clear. The nav system is very nice. You will spend a lot of time playing with all the tech in the car. Love the music Box,There is so much that I love about the car.

Wow this is a great car!
By RichL on 05/05/09 08:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded my 08 Accord EX in on 09 Max SV and have had it for about three weeks and 1000 miles and wow what and upgrade, I cannot believe how nice this car is, the Accord isn't even in the same league. The performance is unbelievable, this thing is a rocket, ride is very quite, interior materials are very classy, seats are comfortable, good handling with the 18in wheels, and I am averaging 23.5 in mixed driving which I considering pretty good. I have gotten tons of compliments on the looks from neighbors to complete strangers. I still haven't figured out all of the gadgets but this thing has lots of goodies. I would highly recommend buying one. You won't be disappointed.

Fun Car
By waveman on 04/28/09 20:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had my 2009 Maxima for week now, fun to drive. Can't wait for next trip. Mileage seems to be good. Bought the 2009SV with Sport Package, mats and splash guards. List $35733 paid $29700 minus my trade.

The first fouor months....
By ideszamarch on 04/19/09 20:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The New Maxima is performing as well as any vehicle at this point. The biggest flaw at this time is the MPGs. After taking the car on a several hundred mile trip, the mpg only reached 21.6( highway) This was at an average speed of about 70 mph and very little use of the brake. The sticker touts a 26 mpg rating.(highway) 21.6 represents about 17% less then promised return. OK we are in a recession and everybody is lying about something but I leased this vehicle for the fuel aspect and commuting purposes. I guess even Nissan is involved in their own type of fraud, that being posting unobtainable gas mileage. It still beats the hell out of the 12 mpg I was getting with the Jeep Commander.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Maxima in VA is:

$137 per month*