2009 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Me & My Max
By Papa1947 on 06/23/09 01:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just got back from a two week, 2500 mile vacation in my Maxima. What an absolute pleasure this car is. Loaded with all the "bells & whistles" and then some, she performed every task I threw at her. From Interstate driving to finding my way through small towns, the GPS was invaluable, the dual climate control very much appreciated, and the entertainment system was incredible. The power driver's seat allowed me to change up positions to help with driver fatigue, and the 300 hp engine provided all the power we needed for passing and high speed Interstate driving.

are you kidding me?
By p. morris on 06/20/09 16:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is awesome. I have had this car for exactly one day. I don't need more to write this review. I know something about cars; have owned and driven mercedes, audi, bmw, infinity, and most of the rest. They do not touch this car. It is beautiful, inside and out (subjective of course). Feels like a tank but drives like (or better than) the 330 I traded up from for about 1/2 the price. All the bells and whistles. Looks and feels great. I don't even care if gas mileage is not great. Please don't buy this car. I want exclusivity on the roads.

Worth the Money!
By Keith on 06/09/09 16:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded in my 04 Maxima SL for an premium SV with Tech. The only two things I hated about my 04 was the turning radius and heated seats. The 09 has been greatly improved. I compared this vehicle to a VW CC and Acura TL. The features, looks, and price blew the other two away. Fantastic interior and a quiet ride. The voice activation works great. I never have to repeat myself. Took a while to figure out that I can't hop on the gas and expect to get great gas mileage. Average 22 around the city. Haven't taken it on a long trip yet, but hopeful it will meet the 26 mpg it boasts for highway mileage. I had no problems with my 04 after 115000 miles and I am hoping for the same with this

Second Maxima
By bobbyp on 06/07/09 18:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I owned a loaded 2003 Maxima SE and liked the car very much. When it hit 100k, I decided it was time to replace it (that is normally my practice). I drove the Hyundai Genesis, but found it more of a luxury car, rather than sport sedan. I also drove the Infiniti G35 and loved the way it drove but found the back seat a little smallish compared to the Maxima and had trouble getting past the $35k price ($40k sticker). The new Maxima rides and drives very nicely, but front wheel drive definitely removes it from a true sports car driving experience. I am also very disappointed that the SV does not include satelite radio in the Bose system.

Awesome car for a GREAT price
By Lucas JP on 06/05/09 06:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased a new 09 Maxima after much research and lots of time looking and driving a few other cars. When I first decided to buy a new car, my wife recommended a MAX because she has an 08 - Well, they are COMPLETELY different. This car feels roomier inside and even drives bigger. The exteriors also look separate. Overall - if you want a car in this price range just go DRIVE a MAX and you'll end up taking one home. The tech features as well make it a hard car to pass by. Overall it's an awesome car and I wouldn't want any other vehicle in it's class...possibly even in a few classes above it.

The Best Maxima Yet
By moondan1 on 06/04/09 15:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have been leasing new Maximas every 3 years since 1996 (except for 2006 when I opted for the V6 Altima) and the 2009 SV is the best one yet. For the money, it is the best FWD sports sedan available. It is extremely powerful, the CVT is very smooth (although opting to drive in the "S" or "Manual" modes allows you to feel as though the engine is shifting gears), and provides a nice balance between sporty handling and comfort. Based on Edmunds' review (which I am in complete agreement with), I did not get the Sport package and am perfectly happy without it. I have been disappointed with Nissan's treatment of the Maxima these past few years, but am thrilled that for 2009 they nailed it!

Good value, fun car
By realhawker on 06/04/09 06:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was leaving my 2007 9-3 Saab, looking for something with more rear room, bigger trunk and a little more tech features. Looked at the Infiniti G37xS sedan, which was everything I wanted, except that I really wasn't in love with its exterior looks, and the rear seat was not that much roomier than my Saab. I also looked at the Hyundai Genesis, which was very interesting, but I just wasn't a fan of the center console, the pricing I was getting and the fact that I would be telling people I had a Hyundai for $500 a month. Maxima ended up being the best balance, although I would have preferred the 7sp and extra horsepower of the G37

Alternator Problems
By LFOS on 06/03/09 08:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Actually a great car, EXCEPT it just quit in the middle of a parkway, battery light came on and car stopped. Towed to dealer, can't find anything,replaced battery. Two days later car quits again, this time a referburshed alternator put on, (note 8K miles on a 2009), also replaced wiring harness for alternator with after market, not listed on repair order because they purchased seperately, to wait for a new one from Nissan would take 3 days, THEY didn't want to wait, not me! Now I'm driving a car with 8K and a used alternator and who knows wiring harness, Still no answer on why the alternator went out and the harness burned!!I should have my head examined!!

2009 Maxima 3.5 S
By artie on 05/31/09 15:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The time had come to part with my 2006 Mustang GT because I needed a four season driver. I looked at Altima, Malibu, Fusion, Passat and Accord. They were all great automoblies, but none of them were distinctive enough to lure me into making the move. My wife suggested I look at the Maxima. I did not think I could afford the car, but the trade/purchase numbers allowed me to get into the 3.5S and I am quite impressed with this automobile. The build quality is top notch. The engine/CVT transmission combination is smooth and powerful. I have read some negative reviews of the body style and I am surprised. The body style of this vehicle is one of the main reasons I purchased it. So far, a winner!

Amazing changes for 2009
By fletcher1 on 05/31/09 14:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a vehicle on par with any Lexus, Infinity, BMW, or Mercedes. The price makes it a better option than any of the latter. It is extremely impressive from both a technology and performance perspective.I purchased an SV with the technology package and I now have a vehicle with better integrated technology than cars which cost up to $20,000 more. Why lease for prestige when you can own the real thing. This car could be the next Nissan classic along with the Z cars. Test drive one and you will get rid of your current so called "Luxury" car. Smooth acceleration, which blows the doors off of sports cars, while riding in the lap of luxury and technology is a winning combination.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Maxima in VA is:

$137 per month*