2009 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Love it so much I bought two
By patrick on 08/15/09 17:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Leased mine in May. After doing extensive research I came to the conclusion that this was the best value for what I wanted: unique body style, performance, luxury, amenities, and decent gas mileage. I have not been disappointed. I love getting into this car every morning and evening. The car is incredibly smooth. Someone once wrote that it drives like a "heavy" car. I know what was meant. It feels solid and heavy. If you ever drove, say a bmw 7 series, when you take your foot off the gas, it seems to coast forever. As this does. My wife loved it so much she got her own about one month after me. So now I have my black and her white max. in the garage. It is a good looking garage.

Welcome back Maxima, I missed you!
By J T on 08/07/09 15:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My 3rd maxima, and by far the best. I am glad maxima is back with much more personality than last two generations. This car is almost a infiniti. I red most of the reviews here and I see some owners rated the fuel economy at 5 to 8. NONSENSE. I rated at 10 because this is a powerful V6 engine car and for what it does gas mileage is fantastic. If you want to complain and cry about gas mileage, please do not buy this car, go buy a boring hybrid and yawn while you drive around. I love everything about this car. Its hot.

Almost Perfect
By Blue Max on 08/03/09 08:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a great car!It is super fast, silky smooth,and a lot of fun to drive. It has a feeling of solid precision at 90 MPH.The handling is excellent.Some reviews have said you have to get used to the CVT.Not me,I got used to it on the test drive.This car has an endless supply of smooth power.Also the car looks gorgeous.I have been getting about 22 miles per gallon with fast driving.

1 year Maxima Owner - Still Love It
By Go_Nissan_Max on 07/31/09 05:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've owned a Premium+Tech Maxima for nearly 1 year now with 0 defects and 22 MPG avg. The ride and drive is a perfect blend of luxury and Performance - 0 to 60 mph in 6.3 secs, yet a nice comfortable ride on the highway. Very little road noise at highway speeds. I came very close to buying a Lexus GS350 but found the performance + cost superior in the Maxima. Same story with M35. I already owned a TL, so I didn't want to do that again;-) The Maxima also does a great job at the little stuff like a strong A/C system, large glove box, great iPOD integration, large map and cup holders, and easy to read owners manual. Finally, the bold exterior lines on this car are amazing!!

Excellent Value
By planebev on 07/30/09 17:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Touarareg, Explorer, Cadillac owner. Retired Cadillac and got Maxima 3 days ago. Feel like I'm driving Bat-mobile. Acceleration is outstanding. Fun to drive. Practical for NE with FWD. Turns heads. LOVE this vehicle. SE package with leather interior is outstanding. Gadgets galore. Strong price, value ratio. Dealers willing to deal - providing price comparisons. Could not be happier! Outstanding value with high happiness index. You won't be disappointed -- strongly consider one!!!

This is what Maxima should be!!
By Farhad on 07/27/09 17:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 3rd maxima and the best. My first one was a 95 and loved it, second one was a 2000, disappointing. I walked away from maxima since lost its personality. After driving other nissans like, 350Z, murano and altima coupe now I'm back to maxima again and could not be happier. I love everything about this car...well just about everything, accept I wish it was rear wheel drive just like the infiniti G37. Maybe we'll get there in a few years.

Loving it even more than I thought!
By FireFish on 07/15/09 23:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

In a nutshell - if you're even looking at this car, you're probably looking for the same thing I was. I loved the look of the 2007 Infinity G35 coupe and swore I'd do anything to get it after test driving it. Aside from the compact factor, everything else I liked was tech related or cosmetic. I didn't get it b/c it was way over my budget at the time and once the new Maxima came out, it was literally love at first sight. My Maxine (you heard right) has Premium + Technology packages, ultimately containing everything that the G37 Coupe currently has in its interior aside from the 2-hand Infinity clock. Many reviews I read call the Maxima more of an Infinity than an Infinity itself. CAR IS FUN!

Great Car
By epr1066 on 07/13/09 11:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

It's a fabulous car. The exterior design is just magnificent and the addition of the double moonroof is unique. The interior design is simple but well executed, while the ride and handling is superb. I have no complaints (yet)- I love this car!

Good Car!
By Larry on 07/10/09 10:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall the Maxima is a good car. I came out of a BMW 550 so it was a little getting use too. The payment doesn't hurt as much! The CVT is strange in the beginning but is unnoticeable now. The car is deceiving, with the CVT you get the feeling that you are not going as fast as you actually are. Very roomy. Decent highway fuel mileage.

maximun fun
By bbmax09 on 06/28/09 17:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The wife and I were looking for a car to replace a VW Passat. We needed something that we both were comfortable driving.... I needed more headroom and wanted sporty performance, she wanted a four door that performed plus wasn't too big in parking lots. We tried the new VW CC and Passat, but the Maxima had more for the money. As a retired state trooper I'm used to handling cars. I tried abrupt 180 degree steering wheel inputs on the Maxima and it handled them perfectly. I don't plan on taking the Maxima out on a race track, but it's nice to know that it can handle crash avoidance maneuvers on the highway. This car is fun to drive and safer than the average sports car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Maxima in VA is:

$136 per month*