2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
SIMPLY OUTSTANDING
By Black MAX on 10/02/09 18:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned 5 Black Maximas. The last one was 2006. It was a great car but BORING. The 2009 is just flat fun to drive. It is loaded with all the toys; rides a little harder than the 2006 but it does give the sensation of a 4DSC. I just got back from the mountains and it handled like a dream. MPG was OK but the RUSH I got from pushing on the accelerator probably did not help. Looked at Infiniti G37, Lexus 250IS and 350 and Acura TL. Lexus had the best ride but with comparable features to the MAX it got very pricey. Infiniti did not have the room and Acura was Acura I'm just not quite that old yet. For the money the Max was the best value and gets MAXimum ratings on the driving FUNOMETER.

COULD BE BETTER.
By carlo on 09/29/09 17:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This Model has a very nice body style. Priced right and fun to drive. Until you make turns, when i make left or right turns into a small dip or driveway at speeds of no more then 2 mph. The struts make a ugly sound they don't take the impact at all. I went back to the dealer 3 times , a rep from Nissan took a look at it. For their fix they went to Home Depot brought a clear PVC tubing and weaved it through the struts to help with the bang. I still here the bang, and this is the best they can do after 35K.

it's a MAXIMA!.
By riverone on 09/26/09 18:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is amazing,it's my 2nd Max,his appearance and performance is incredible,25mpg is superb,my wife is always impressed with the strong and at the same time smooth ride.We love this car.

Happily traded my lexus for the maxima.
By maxima4life on 09/20/09 18:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just got the car yesterday. I had a leased IS 250 to trade in and was looking to spend less but not downgrade too much. No buyers remorse here! (Except for my backup camera- that was nice.) I got the S model to save some cash and I don't miss the Lexus at all. The Maxima is a blast to drive and looks sleek- I got a compliment after owning it less than 24 hours. It has WAY more room than the IS but drives just as good. It has good pick-up on the highway and really turns heads. I test drove a loaded Camry SE and it just felt boring after owning the IS 250. The Maxima is a great car- I am very satisfied and can't wait to show it off. I got a great deal since it was an 09'. Go get one!

Look No Further
By maxima09 on 09/18/09 11:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Coming off a S60, checked the choices but could not pass up the 09 Maxima. Lots more for the $$ compared to what the luxury brands offered. U can feel the 290 horses. Interior space much better then the luxury competition.

Nissan got it right
By Maxima on 09/17/09 13:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just acquired my 09 Maxima fully loaded with the panoramic sun roof. This car blows the mind. I sometimes have to keep my eye on the speedometer due to the CVT shift. It is very easy to go over speed limit when you don't feel the shift points. Voice control provides another way to manage some of the onboard functions such as navigation, phone and climate control. Bluetooth integration allows me to continue a conversation from my headset over my car's system with very no effort. If you should acquire one you may find yourself spending a few hours playing with all the technology. You will also drive this car just for the sake of driving it.

Fantastic
By rooski on 09/12/09 11:14 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Well, I traded my 06 Mustang GT. Anything within our budget, other than Maxima would have been a terrible disappointment. Plenty of room for three average sized adults (not happening in the Mustang). Great performance, super QUIET, great features, great exterior lines. My husband was really wanting Infiniti, but he wouldn't have it any other way now. Gas mileage is good compared to what I was getting on the Stang. This car is the best of both worlds between sports car and sedan. Great vehicle!

Sporty with Comfort
By Bob B. on 09/08/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

What a fun car to drive. We went thru a lengthy process to pick out a sedan that met mileage, comfort and appearance conditions we deemed important. The Maxima won out no hands down. Mileage is good for a luxury car, about 25 so far with mixed driving, and comfort is superb. We bought the SV model fully loaded and can't be happier. We strongly recommend this vehicle.

Nice car, but....
By FC on 08/27/09 17:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall, a very nice car, but it has some quirks/issues. Dual panel moonroof very noisy when open and no deflector available. Climate controlled driver's seat doesn't get hot like a regular heated seat. Have to purchase Premium package to get satelitte radio (extra 3K). The ride is not smooth, tires feel like their not balanced even though I have been back to dealer for road force balance - disappointing for a 34K car.

WOW!!!
By Nissan guy forever on 08/17/09 12:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first Maxima, I love it! Its fast, fun, and sexy, its got hips. The Premium pack and I love the double sunroof, just wish the rear one opened. There is an endless power feeling with the CVT trans. With front wheel drive it doesn't feels so much like a sports car, but it handles at a top notch level. On and off ramps can be a lot of fun. If you want the balls to the wall sports car, drop the kids off at grandmas, and buy the 370Z. MPH is not the greatest, but its a big V6. All in all, I'll buy another one when it comes time.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan in VA is:

$137 per month*