2009 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
4th Maxima is the Charm!
By TMINJ on 12/28/09 05:02 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This 2009 is my 4th Maxima, (94,99 and 03) and by far the best. Have it for 6 months now. Handling is nice and the looks it gets are amazing as Maxima’s are not sold in Germany. Love the body lines and hood. Was not happy with the design of the 04-08 models so this one really grew on me. I actually prefer driving this car daily as opposed to my 2008 335I convertible. Double moonroof is excellent, but it will make some noises when turning sharp out of the driveway. Stereo, and interior comfort are excellent. Some difficulties seeing the back end of the car. Silver with Black Leather is a nice combination. Looking forward to my 5th Maxima in a few years. Nissan did this one right.

I Am Extremely Satisfied
By Big Busa on 12/16/09 15:37 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is a beast! Love the power and the prowess. I love how she moves when I tell her to. My previous just thought about it. Guess you really cannot compare a Dodge Nitro and a Nissan Maxima but I must say, I LOVE THIS CAR. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a luxury car without the luxury price.

THIS CAR NEEDS HELP
By RAG on 11/15/09 22:17 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

the car looks great, perhaps the reason I went for it, but it handles like crap. it consistently pulls (drifts to the right) and the dealer has tried, but has been able to do nothing to fix it. I must fight the car to stay straight and I am calling an attorney to do my best to get out of this car. The dealer is very receptive, but will not make any concessions. for a $35k car, it is NOT worth it!

Better than advertised!
By Mike G. on 11/12/09 10:14 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car may not be a "4 door sports car" but it is a great combination of comfort and sport. I was looking for something quick and did not want to give up luxury and comfort. I found all in my Maxima. Great car, even better with huge discount and 0% financing for 5 years!

Great car!!
By zip12 on 11/10/09 19:43 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased a '09 Maxima SV in black. Sweet car. Has all of the latest technology, a great ride, and is very comfortable.

A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING
By D Money on 11/09/09 14:53 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first brand new car, although I owned a 1992 Maxima-(loved it), 2007 maxima-(liked it). The 2009 Maxima is clearly the best of them all. Great performance and handling and fun to drive. Compared to the competitors you get more for your money with the Maxima. New features for 2009 Maxima include push start, paddle shifters, hard disc drive,ipod connection, backup cam (which should come with every vehicle, it makes parking so easy). It's a very balance car. One year later and I still turn Heads.

Love my Max!
By Cathie on 11/08/09 13:27 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have owned Nissan's since 1987. Each year they get better. This one is the best by far. So comfortable! Great features and fun to drive~

DON'T BUY IT
By kay d. on 10/19/09 20:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is the worst car I have owned. I should have kept my previous car. This car is good to look at but nissan compromised on quality with this car. I have been having mechanical problems since purchasing this vehicle and no one can seem to fix the problem. There is a thumping noise coming from the wheel area. The interior is missing simple things like coin compartment and sun/eye glass holder. I am short and feel it lacks head room. the seats are horrible and the air conditioning/heated driver seat is a joke. I am ready to trade in this vehicle in.

Happy Nissan Owner
By Kurt on 10/05/09 11:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first Nissan and I must say that I'm in love. My previous two cars were a 2001 Mustang Bullitt and a 2003 VW Jetta GLI. I've been in many other cars and thus far the 2009 Maxima is my favorite. I actually look forward to running errands and driving to work! I bought the sports package and while some reviews say it's a harsh ride, I disagree. The ride is excellent, handling is as good if not better than my VW, and road noise is very minimal. The bluetooth works great with my iPhone 3GS, and while I haven't needed to use the GPS much what little I have used has been spot on. The acceleration is great for 290hp and a heavy car. I was told once to drive it like you stole it! :)

change has finally come!
By gary on 10/04/09 05:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I own a 1991 maxima which was the forefather of the 4dr sports car. I only have 35000 mile on it to date. I never thought there would ever be another maxima that would compare until now. Its not only better but it just blows everything away in its category. I may have had an old school vehicle but I forgot to mention I also own a 2008 acura mdx and a honda accord accord v6. Honda has its homework cut out for itself. Its value holding segment has finally met its maker and its time for the honda salesman just standing there saying over and over its a honda and it holds its value, poppycock! This maxima just does it all for a lot less then what it competes with. I don't need exotic badging....

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Maxima in VA is:

$137 per month*