2009 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
First Max.. I Love Forever
By tcoopdeville76 on 08/03/08 22:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First time owning a max and I absolutely love this car! This car is for the family guy that has a bit of an edge. it is not a hard core sports car but it can definitely compete. The acceleration is instant; With the CVT, the shifting is seamless and smooth. The interior is luxurious. I own an SV Premium/Tech with all the bells and whistles. I have 3 kids and they fit comfortable in the back seat. When I'm without the kids.. the family car goes away and the sports car comes out! This was by far the best car for me.

This car flat out rocks!
By Bob on 07/29/08 13:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have the SV model with the technology and cold weather package. This car easily fits 3 car seats across the back seat which made this purchase even easier. The V6 290 horsepower engine is very powerful and the handling is unreal. I have been getting a lot of second looks driving this car around town, and have been stopped a couple of times at lights. This car has so many extras it is a great deal for the price.

Having fun
By dink on 07/28/08 16:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had an 04 Maxima and traded for 09 sv sport Max. Rides better, definite power upgrade and even purrrs. Seats more like cockpit hug you in/out of turns. All electronics upgraded to luxury status. Sound system great and with hard drive do not have to remember favorite cd's for long trips.

Awesome Car!!
By Da Hoff on 07/28/08 13:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Personally I purchased the SV Premium Package less than a week ago, and I am very pleased with the car. This car rides smooth, is great on corners, good power, body styling. I really like the CVT. Great buy!!

'09 Maxima: One awesome car!
By cyberpunk on 07/24/08 11:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have not been a fan of Nissan cars before, but the '09 Maxima totally brought me into the Nissan fold. The exterior of this car is distinctive and beautiful. The interior of this car is well designed, very comfortable, and makes liberal use of high-quality materials. It's roomy and full of all kinds of toys! The engine is awesome, and the CVT is luxury smoothness! This car handles like a champ. If you are on the fence, test drive this car!

Glad I got it !
By Go getter on 07/21/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had an 05 Acura TSX I wanted to upgrade. Test drove the TL, TL-Type S, BMW 3 series, then this Maxima. The Maxima gives you all the gadgets and goodies of the BMW, the luxury of the TL, and on top of that a better MPG rating with the CVT.

The Max is Back !
By MaxFun on 07/21/08 11:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After months of research and 3 weeks of test drives the purchase paid off. Before I bought my Silver on Black Max with premium package, I test drove the Acura TL, BMW 325i, Audi A4, Infinity G35, and a few others. The Maxima was not hands down the "better car" in each category, but lets look at what it gives you. It's not as fun as the BMW, not as quick as the G35 (I tested the rear wheel drive). It won't match the interior of the Audi.But, the Maxima comes fully loaded at around $37k. It comes with the technology - excellent navigation system, easy to use interface/layout, cooled/heated seats, gas saver CVT, 290 HP engine, nice leather, quite ride.

WOW!
By JD on 07/19/08 12:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Nissan really stepped up to the plate and hit a home run. This car is awesome! Why buy a fifty grand euro car when you get more for your buck with this beauty. I almost bought a M35X. The Maxima was good enough for me to reconsider the extra 12 grand I would have spent.

Great Car at a Great Price
By maxxed out on 07/19/08 05:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've always been a SUV guy, but with rising gas prices I started taking a look at a few of the larger sedans on the market. The 09' Maxima trumped all the other contenders... hands down. Fun to drive, decent gas mileage (about 20 mpg in the city so far), very comfortable, and it turns a lot of heads. I opted for the base package that includes a moonroof, power seats, 6 disc changer, 18 inch wheels, and cloth seats (although they are more like microfiber). Test drive this car, you will not be disappointed!

2009 Maxima SV is the Real Deal
By qstarweb on 07/11/08 06:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Mine is the SV model with sport package. It lives up to the hype and then some, it's a truly great 4 door sport car and it drives as well as an Infiniti. The acceleration from the 290 HP version of the award-winning VQ V6 engine is great. In most situations the car handles like it's on rails. It's just fun to drive, you'll make excuses to go somewhere because you want to drive this car. The styling is well done too, it just looks great. Especially in black. Lexus and Acura can't touch this for the combination of performance, features, and price. This is a bargain for all the car you're getting compared to an Acura TL S Type or a loaded Lexus IS 350.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Maxima in VA is:

$137 per month*