Used 2009 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Amazing changes for 2009
By fletcher1

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a vehicle on par with any Lexus, Infinity, BMW, or Mercedes. The price makes it a better option than any of the latter. It is extremely impressive from both a technology and performance perspective.I purchased an SV with the technology package and I now have a vehicle with better integrated technology than cars which cost up to $20,000 more. Why lease for prestige when you can own the real thing. This car could be the next Nissan classic along with the Z cars. Test drive one and you will get rid of your current so called "Luxury" car. Smooth acceleration, which blows the doors off of sports cars, while riding in the lap of luxury and technology is a winning combination.

I enjoy the ease of use for all technology systems. The I-Pod integration is beyond belief. The responsive VQ 3.5 V-6 at 290hp combined with CVT is light years beyond the competition. The bluetooth navigation and phone integration is an outstanding enhancement.

The ride is beautiful, but I think that Nissan could increase the horsepower to 350 to leverage optimal torque and get the more performance out of the CVT. I beleive it already beats the competition in the current cofiguration but the suggested changes will really make it the four-door sports car.

Sloppy workmanship
By Sadru Dharamsy

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just picked up our new Maxima 3.5 SV. Looks gorgeous and rides pretty well. We arrived home and noticed the passenger side window malfunctioning (unusual rattling noise). We opted for the tech package also, and that should have included a compact flsh drive. The cover to the flash drive is jammed solid and won't come. We have to drive 150 miles again and take it to the dealership to have it fixed. Will not pay that kind of money for such sloppy workmanship and less than optimum dealership that does not check the car put prior to selling. Who knows what other surprises are awaiting.

Try Infiniti G37 - I have 2 of them and they are performing really well. Price-wise, the small difference is worth it.

Great Car!!
By harry_0724

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded in a 2007 Altima 3.5SE. Maxima is great...aggressive styling, good power, lots of great features with the Navigation/Music Box. Plus, I have the Sport Package and it handles nicely.

style, wheels, comfort, sound system, navigation, power

make the cooled drivers seat available on the Sport Package, not just premium package

Fun comfortable ride great Tech
By m

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My last car was the Infiniti M35x loved it but I love this Car more! I bought 5 months ago and have been very happy. I love the lines of this car and the Tech is about the same as what I had in my more expensive M35x. I do not feel that I traded down I was very worried about it but in the end I feel I traded up! This car is really fun to drive I recommend it to anyone who wants great Tech, comfort and a fun sporty drive! Heated steering wheel sealed the deal I would have bought another Infiniti but none of them had a heated wheel! And I saved a lot of money in the process! I am very happy with this car so far!

Navigation,real time Traffic,bluetooth, ipod,Satellite radio,comfort, clean lines, power, Heated steering Wheel,

All Wheel drive would be nice! The doors sometimes do not close on the first try. some interior finishes could be upgraded

Excellent
By Justho

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had a 1997 Maxima, which was ok. Saw this car at a car show while comparing to other cars in its price range. This one offers more of everything (power, features, style) than competing models. Great care, highly recommend.

Horsepower, interior design.