2009 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Maxima Fan for Life
By Steve on 08/27/08 14:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought the black on black fully loaded, every option version and couldn't be more happy. I am married with two kids and this is the perfect blend of family and sports car. You will not be disappointed.

Near-Infiniti Quality!
By Daniel J. on 08/25/08 19:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

As an owner of a 1998 Nissan Maxima, I eagerly awaited the release of the re-designed 2009 Maxima. I purchased the SV with Premium & Technology packages. The car handles very well and rides comfortably in spite of the 18" tires. The interior is inviting but has a mix of quality and inferior looking items. The plastic wood trim is somewhat of an eyesore and seems to detract from the numerous plush features. However, all of the other interior details make up for this shortcoming. The engine is very responsive and the CVT is seamless. You can't even feel the car shift!

2009 Maxima
By Ryan on 08/24/08 18:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Went to go test drive this car after seeing one on the street. I was instantly hooked. Had to get it. Interior is beautiful, seats are comfortable, features are abundant. Has one of the best sound systems I have heard, and I would consider myself critical in regards to that. Ride quality is great, gotten a lot of compliments at gas station, car wash, co-workers, and friends. I was looking at the G35 and TL but was instantly sold on the Maxima the instant I sat in it.

Incredible!
By HSEinPhila on 08/24/08 07:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Wow, what a great car. Just got an 09 with sports package, truly lust at first drive. Incredible power, throaty exhaust note, handles/corners well. Eye catching styling. Comfy seats hug and support. Well designed cockpit, easy to see gauges and controls. Having a lot of fun with this one.

09 Maxima - WOW!
By Nate on 08/22/08 05:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded in my '04 Denali XL for the Maxima and all I can say is "WOW"! After driving SUVs for the past 11 years, it was time for a 4DSC. The performance is unbelievable and the CVT is superb. Handling is unreal and the acceleration is exhilarating. The technology package is a must and the XM traffic/nav system is so cool, all my friends can't believe what it can do. The lines are beautiful and are better (IMO) than the BMW (5), Audi, Acura TL/RL, and Lexus IS/GS. Wait until you see one in person - the pics don't do it justice. The car is gorgeous!!!

2009 Maxima: Car of The Year
By Rfoor on 08/18/08 11:14 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car has it all. Luxury, sporty look, and great performance. On my long drives, and I drive a total of 4 hours per day to and from work, I get well over 30 mpg using cruise control and reasonable speeds. When I need to pass someone the V6 290 HP turns my luxury car into an aggressive sports car. I suggest white with black interior, really makes this car shine.

Maxin
By iceprinzes on 08/17/08 14:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this just before taking a road trip roughly 1200 miles round trip. This car is perfect, every where I go someone was asking me what it was. I got the white SV Sport Package. The leather seats are to die for and the pick is just outstanding. Another thing that I love about this car is when taking off from a full stop and punching the gas peddle I don't have to grab onto the steering wheel to control it. I live in the suburbs of DC and have only seen one other 09 on the road. I love this car!! Oh by the way this is my 3rd Maxima and 4th Nissan.

It is still surreal that I own this car
By Simply O M G !!!!!!! on 08/15/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I upgraded from my 96 Honda Accord 4 Dr LX to a 09 Nissan Maxima SV SP. Although I liked the new design of the Maxima, I was hesitant with the design of the rear but when I went to the dealership and saw this car in person it looks so much better, especially with the rear spoiler on it. I got the Sport Package that has the 19in alloy rims and spoiler upgrade and it's is so beautiful. I am one of the few, if not the only, person to have this car in my area so far, I see a lot of eyes and heads turning when I'm driving.

My 09 maxima
By Fritz on 08/10/08 00:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have a white one, black interior, fully loaded SV Sport (corners like its on rails). The exhaust note. What you expect is NOT what you get. You get more. The 09 Maxima is a 4DSC. No doubt. The Maxima’s transmission takes some getting used to. Once hooked you begin to wonder why all cars are not build this way.

This is the Flagship
By Daniel Capers on 08/04/08 16:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My wife and I have been waiting on this car for quite some time. we traded in our 05 Maxima for the 09 and don't regret a moment of it. The feel and style, the comfort, the technology, the thought that has gone into providing a true 4 door sports car is evident every time we get in to go somewhere. there are times we have to come up with excuse or reason just to go somewhere so that we can drive the car. My wife and I are Nissan fans anyway, we own a 05 Titan as well. Purchasing the new Maxima was a toss up between the G37S or the Audi A4.... obviously the Maxima won. This car is truly the Nissan flag ship and should be crowned as the 2009 car of the year. Hands down, great job Nissan!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Maxima in VA is:

$136 per month*