Used 2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

maximun fun
By bbmax09

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The wife and I were looking for a car to replace a VW Passat. We needed something that we both were comfortable driving.... I needed more headroom and wanted sporty performance, she wanted a four door that performed plus wasn't too big in parking lots. We tried the new VW CC and Passat, but the Maxima had more for the money. As a retired state trooper I'm used to handling cars. I tried abrupt 180 degree steering wheel inputs on the Maxima and it handled them perfectly. I don't plan on taking the Maxima out on a race track, but it's nice to know that it can handle crash avoidance maneuvers on the highway. This car is fun to drive and safer than the average sports car.

Me & My Max
By Papa1947

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just got back from a two week, 2500 mile vacation in my Maxima. What an absolute pleasure this car is. Loaded with all the "bells & whistles" and then some, she performed every task I threw at her. From Interstate driving to finding my way through small towns, the GPS was invaluable, the dual climate control very much appreciated, and the entertainment system was incredible. The power driver's seat allowed me to change up positions to help with driver fatigue, and the 300 hp engine provided all the power we needed for passing and high speed Interstate driving.

I think my favorite feature of my Max has to be the Xenon headlights. I am diabetic, and my nightsight isn't what it used to be, and these Xenon low beams were fantastic. I just wish the high beams were also Xenon.

The only negative was with the 'sport' seats. The seat bottoms were so firm that after several hours of driving, we developed "butt" fatigue. We eventually had to stop at a furniture store to buy thick padded seat cushions to alleviate this problem.

are you kidding me?
By p. morris

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is awesome. I have had this car for exactly one day. I don't need more to write this review. I know something about cars; have owned and driven mercedes, audi, bmw, infinity, and most of the rest. They do not touch this car. It is beautiful, inside and out (subjective of course). Feels like a tank but drives like (or better than) the 330 I traded up from for about 1/2 the price. All the bells and whistles. Looks and feels great. I don't even care if gas mileage is not great. Please don't buy this car. I want exclusivity on the roads.

looks and performance.

none

Worth the Money!
By Keith

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded in my 04 Maxima SL for an premium SV with Tech. The only two things I hated about my 04 was the turning radius and heated seats. The 09 has been greatly improved. I compared this vehicle to a VW CC and Acura TL. The features, looks, and price blew the other two away. Fantastic interior and a quiet ride. The voice activation works great. I never have to repeat myself. Took a while to figure out that I can't hop on the gas and expect to get great gas mileage. Average 22 around the city. Haven't taken it on a long trip yet, but hopeful it will meet the 26 mpg it boasts for highway mileage. I had no problems with my 04 after 115000 miles and I am hoping for the same with this

Nav, touch screen, ipod connectivity, glass roof, backup camera, seats (very comfortable), turn signals on side view mirrors, led tail lights, push button start

trunk tough to close, better gas mileage

Second Maxima
By bobbyp

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I owned a loaded 2003 Maxima SE and liked the car very much. When it hit 100k, I decided it was time to replace it (that is normally my practice). I drove the Hyundai Genesis, but found it more of a luxury car, rather than sport sedan. I also drove the Infiniti G35 and loved the way it drove but found the back seat a little smallish compared to the Maxima and had trouble getting past the $35k price ($40k sticker). The new Maxima rides and drives very nicely, but front wheel drive definitely removes it from a true sports car driving experience. I am also very disappointed that the SV does not include satelite radio in the Bose system.

Seats are much more comfortable than the prior model. Thigh extender helps for taller folks.

Come on Nissan - you should be able to get a satelite radio on your "up model" without buying a $2k package. And could you make it run on regular gas?

• SUV