2009 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Traded 2 BMWs for the Maxima, love it
By chrissy grieco on 10/12/08 14:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My husband owned a BMW 740i and I had a BMW x5 coming off lease. We have been a BMW family for a long time and had been considering a BMW 3 or 5. My husband saw a Maxima in person, and was impressed with the styling, so we went for a test drive. I never expected to get him into this car. We were so impressed with all the features we got in the car (Sport loaded) that a similarly equipped 3 would have been $55k, and we loved the sporty look and feel of the dash board and small steering wheel! We had fun driving it, and were impressed with the 5 star crash ratings. In todays economy, why spend more money for a name, when if you don't look at the emblem, you don't know this is a Nissan.

First Review
By Nigelb on 10/07/08 20:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Speed and agility is superb. Drive handling and cornering is excellent. Technology package surpasses any other package I've encountered. Interior space seem tight for a mid-large car

Fully Loaded Mostly Worth It.
By Michael on 10/07/08 11:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Let me first start by saying that this is one of the most fun cars I have had the pleasure of driving. It sucks down the recommended 93 octane like it is a sports car with a big engine. Oh wait, it is a sports car (4-doors) with a good sized engine. The ride is a little stiff but it is supposed to be like that. There are more bells and whistles that I can shake a stick at. If you want luxury, you will get most of the high end items that you would get from the others. If you like to drive, this is a great car!

Cant Stop Looking at It!
By Larry on 10/05/08 05:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just got my Tuscan Sun 2009 Maxima SV with Premium and Technology packages. Pictures do not do justice to the car. You need to see it in person. Even after 2 weeks I still find myself staring at it after I get out. Was worried a bit about gas mileage before buying but I've put 1000 mixed miles on it and am getting about 24 mpg. Using regular grade gas as well even though premium is recommended. Traded in an Infiniti I30 which I loved, but the new Maxima has it beat. Love the car so far.

'09 Maxima... SWEET!
By T Hart on 09/20/08 08:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My wife and I just picked-up our Winter Frost, Maxima SV, w/Sport pkg. It's the first Nissan we've owned, and we couldn't be more pleased. I would HIGHLY recommend the Sport pkg. as it adds eye-popping 19in. rims, a spoiler, and fog lights, among several other amenities. It seems trivial, but I'd also recommend mud flaps as they add an extra piece of trim just behind the front & rear tires. (These aren't you dad's Pontiac Camero mud flaps.) Nissan engineers pulled-out the stops from the remarkably smooth CVT to the telescopic steering wheel and well-appointed leather interior. The driving experience feels like you're in an F-14 cockpit and the exterior has the lines of a GS 400.

Best of 2009 - Maxima
By Feyzi on 09/20/08 04:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

2009 Maxima 3.5 SV with Premium and Technology package in Silver Color replaces my 2004 Maxima. Nissan has done many things right with this car. You need to drive the new Maxima to appreciate the "Four Door Sports Sedan" motto. From outside, it has very unique and appealing design (pictures do not tell the story - you need to see it). Inside is full of technology which is very well integrated with the needs of the driver. The ride comfort and power is amazingly well blended in the premium package. Nissan raised the bar so high with this model that now they need to compete with a different class of cars. I strongly recommend this generation of Maxima.

Problems with the Maxima
By John on 09/10/08 09:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought the Nissan Maxima because I had thought that Nissan had a great name. The car had a stunning interior and great overall design, but I'm barely getting 20 mpg for normal half freeway half highway driving. Also the brakes are always making noise and every time I take the car in they charge me $200 to change the brakes on a brand new car. This car is smaller than camry/altima and I will never buy a Nissan again. DO your research before you buy this car, A lot of people will tell you it's not worth the price.

Can't Believe It's Mine!
By Must be dreaming on 09/02/08 00:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

From an over priced E350 to my dream car. Once I got over my love affair with the tri-star emblem and really started looking for value, the choice was clear. From the first picture in a magazine to the brochure in the mail to the test drive, I knew I had to have this car. Couldn't choose between silver or precision gray, flipped a coin and walked away with a precision gray beauty with a spoiler that says bye to cars behind me. I normally lease but purchased this one because I can see myself in it for a long time to come.

Disgruntled in Ohio
By BIGDAD on 08/29/08 10:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought the SV with sports package. Really like the looks of the car and the engine/ transmission combination is sweet. Mileage is also quite good for a car of this type. My main complaint is that the ride comfort with the sport suspension and the low profile tires is extremely harsh and jittery on any road that is not reasonably smooth. And in my city in Ohio, smooth roads are in short supply. I know it is a sports sedan, but the engineers should have been able to design a more supple ride. In addition, I need to get the front fender repainted due to a dark area on the top. It is covered under warranty but is a real bummer.

Ridiculously Cool
By Ken Cook on 08/28/08 02:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The acceleration and handling are aggressive yet smooth. Styling is ridiculously cool, both inside and out. This is a great car and a great buy.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Maxima in VA is:

$137 per month*