Used 2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

This is what Maxima should be!!
By Farhad

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 3rd maxima and the best. My first one was a 95 and loved it, second one was a 2000, disappointing. I walked away from maxima since lost its personality. After driving other nissans like, 350Z, murano and altima coupe now I'm back to maxima again and could not be happier. I love everything about this car...well just about everything, accept I wish it was rear wheel drive just like the infiniti G37. Maybe we'll get there in a few years.

Favorite Features

Looks, sound, navi, premium leather seats, backup camera.

Suggested Improvements

Rear wheel drive would be great.

Loving it even more than I thought!
By FireFish

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

In a nutshell - if you're even looking at this car, you're probably looking for the same thing I was. I loved the look of the 2007 Infinity G35 coupe and swore I'd do anything to get it after test driving it. Aside from the compact factor, everything else I liked was tech related or cosmetic. I didn't get it b/c it was way over my budget at the time and once the new Maxima came out, it was literally love at first sight. My Maxine (you heard right) has Premium + Technology packages, ultimately containing everything that the G37 Coupe currently has in its interior aside from the 2-hand Infinity clock. Many reviews I read call the Maxima more of an Infinity than an Infinity itself. CAR IS FUN!

Favorite Features

Shape & new bold / risky design. I love it! Premium Bose sound system gives it a luxury feel. Excellent Technology Package, including birds-eye view GPS, fully integrated control system, voice control, etc. On my particular car, my favorite is the colors. Super Black with Tan Leather interior. HOT!

Suggested Improvements

Make price more affordable. I know its tough in this car, but most people wouldn't splurge like I did for a $40K Maxima. I do NOT regret it. Its that much fun, I swear! I'd actually take this over a Lexus any day. B/C, why settle for an entry level Lexus with all these features? Just Load yours up!

Great Car
By epr1066

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

It's a fabulous car. The exterior design is just magnificent and the addition of the double moonroof is unique. The interior design is simple but well executed, while the ride and handling is superb. I have no complaints (yet)- I love this car!

Favorite Features

Interior/exterior design; drive & handling.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan could look into improving fuel economy.

Good Car!
By Larry

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall the Maxima is a good car. I came out of a BMW 550 so it was a little getting use too. The payment doesn't hurt as much! The CVT is strange in the beginning but is unnoticeable now. The car is deceiving, with the CVT you get the feeling that you are not going as fast as you actually are. Very roomy. Decent highway fuel mileage.

Favorite Features

Navigation, iPod interface, key fob

Suggested Improvements

Hard seats, XM traffic on NAV is useless, brakes are weak.

maximun fun
By bbmax09

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The wife and I were looking for a car to replace a VW Passat. We needed something that we both were comfortable driving.... I needed more headroom and wanted sporty performance, she wanted a four door that performed plus wasn't too big in parking lots. We tried the new VW CC and Passat, but the Maxima had more for the money. As a retired state trooper I'm used to handling cars. I tried abrupt 180 degree steering wheel inputs on the Maxima and it handled them perfectly. I don't plan on taking the Maxima out on a race track, but it's nice to know that it can handle crash avoidance maneuvers on the highway. This car is fun to drive and safer than the average sports car.