2009 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Love this car!!
By AnotherMaxima on 12/14/08 19:27 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is one hot car. From the exterior design, to the interior comfort to the superb V6, this car delivers. I'm averaging 24.8 MPG in combined city/hwy driving. I'm averaging a shocking 27.3 on the hwy using the recommended 93 octane. The engine is tuned for nothing less than 93 octane fuel. I love the handling, the fit & finish are excellent. Take one for a ride. Then wait and do it again. Then decide for yourself. You won't be disappointed. Really.

Great inside, fair to drive
By eisenbri on 12/12/08 20:38 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

If you are looking for something that drives like a BMW 3 or 5 series, look elsewhere. If you want a comfortable vehicle with nice appointments inside (especially for the price) then you found your car. This car has terrible torque steer, is overpowered from the starting line and has way to much body roll to be considered a sports car. Smooth on the highway yes. Maneuverable? No.

2009 Maxima SV Premium PKG NAV
By KVH on 12/09/08 17:04 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We purchased this 2009 Maxima SV on 8-1- 2008 with Premium PKG, Navigation every option available Winter Frost, double sunroof. This is the best driving and handling car we have owned. It will get 27 MPG avg mostly interstate driving at 75 mph. We get lots of compliments about the looks. We have not had a problem at all. A lot of equipment for the money. Very satisfied.

Great Purchase
By ltret98 on 12/06/08 03:07 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded 05 Maxima SE for 09 with Sport pkg. Difference is night and day. 09 is a dream come true. Great handling, interior, design and gas mileage to boot. If they made this in a convertible, might consider trading in 02 Vet roadster. Hardest decision was which package to purchase. Utilized on extended trip, shortly after purchase. At highway traffic speeds, gas mileage was unbelievable, great on the open road and got lots of rave comments on design throughout the southwest US. Since return, seen avg gas mileage of 25, in town. Handled well in first snow of season.

Better Than Honda, Toyota or VW
By agraff on 11/30/08 09:40 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We test drove Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, VW Passat and Audi A4 and we were blown away with the new Nissan Maxima. The looks inside and out, feel and performance all stand out above the others we drove. This car handles so tight and has so much power that you feel constrained to drive the speed limit. The only negative is the recommended premium fuel and the gas mileage. The dealer really downplays the premium fuel, in fact we had to ask about it. We are getting right on the EPA fuel rating of 26-27 highway using regular.

Geat bargain
By gs42 on 11/30/08 07:10 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Cruises like a luxury car and feels like a turbocharged sports car when pushed harder. The S model is better equipped than competitors. This car has its own niche. If you want it all, reasonably speaking, no other car in this price range is close. The G8 is faster but try to buy one with these features at this price.

A lot of car for your money
By Greg on 11/24/08 21:55 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just recently purchased the Maxima and am very happy with the performance. I got the premium package and the premium tech package and I am still reading about all it has. The voice recognition/bluetooth for the mobile phone is very clear. The nav system is very good and the radio/XM is also top notch. Nothing really bad to say about anything so far. I would recommend highly to those considering.

No bang for the buck
By notverypleased on 11/20/08 16:13 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had very high expectations for the new Maxima that were not met. The ride is much too rough and the back seat room is absolutely terrible. I jumped the gun way too quick on this one. A little bit too sporty. It may as well have been a coupe. I'm not knocking Nissan but I am knocking the Maxima. If I could make one recommendation to anyone, lease don't purchase.

3rd Nissan in a row
By SRVN20 on 10/23/08 09:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 3rd Nissan in a row, I went from Sentra, Altima and now the Maxima. I looked at couple of other vehicles to include the Infiniti M. For the price the Maxima has almost everything that I want. I am not happy with the XM radio, I have a Sirius subscription.

Best sedan under $55,000
By jcrichie on 10/18/08 06:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned my white Maxima with premium and technology packages for 3 months and 5000 miles. I absolutely love the car. My budget was anything less than around $55k when I was looking which included the Lexus GS350, ES 350, Acura TL and RL. I needed a larger car and wanted something fully loaded out so I didn't bother looking at BMW or Mercedes. The car is very, very comparable to my business partner's Audi A6 4.2, right down to the rear window shade and rear view camera that shows intended travel path. The quality of the materials is very comparable and all for $30k less. This car gets many looks and looks great with the dual sunroof. Highly recommended.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Maxima in VA is:

$136 per month*