Used 2009 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Excellent Value
By planebev

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Touarareg, Explorer, Cadillac owner. Retired Cadillac and got Maxima 3 days ago. Feel like I'm driving Bat-mobile. Acceleration is outstanding. Fun to drive. Practical for NE with FWD. Turns heads. LOVE this vehicle. SE package with leather interior is outstanding. Gadgets galore. Strong price, value ratio. Dealers willing to deal - providing price comparisons. Could not be happier! Outstanding value with high happiness index. You won't be disappointed -- strongly consider one!!!

acceleration style audio price

Trunk lid with power open and close.

This is what Maxima should be!!
By Farhad

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 3rd maxima and the best. My first one was a 95 and loved it, second one was a 2000, disappointing. I walked away from maxima since lost its personality. After driving other nissans like, 350Z, murano and altima coupe now I'm back to maxima again and could not be happier. I love everything about this car...well just about everything, accept I wish it was rear wheel drive just like the infiniti G37. Maybe we'll get there in a few years.

Looks, sound, navi, premium leather seats, backup camera.

Rear wheel drive would be great.

Loving it even more than I thought!
By FireFish

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

In a nutshell - if you're even looking at this car, you're probably looking for the same thing I was. I loved the look of the 2007 Infinity G35 coupe and swore I'd do anything to get it after test driving it. Aside from the compact factor, everything else I liked was tech related or cosmetic. I didn't get it b/c it was way over my budget at the time and once the new Maxima came out, it was literally love at first sight. My Maxine (you heard right) has Premium + Technology packages, ultimately containing everything that the G37 Coupe currently has in its interior aside from the 2-hand Infinity clock. Many reviews I read call the Maxima more of an Infinity than an Infinity itself. CAR IS FUN!

Shape & new bold / risky design. I love it! Premium Bose sound system gives it a luxury feel. Excellent Technology Package, including birds-eye view GPS, fully integrated control system, voice control, etc. On my particular car, my favorite is the colors. Super Black with Tan Leather interior. HOT!

Make price more affordable. I know its tough in this car, but most people wouldn't splurge like I did for a $40K Maxima. I do NOT regret it. Its that much fun, I swear! I'd actually take this over a Lexus any day. B/C, why settle for an entry level Lexus with all these features? Just Load yours up!

Great Car
By epr1066

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

It's a fabulous car. The exterior design is just magnificent and the addition of the double moonroof is unique. The interior design is simple but well executed, while the ride and handling is superb. I have no complaints (yet)- I love this car!

Interior/exterior design; drive & handling.

Nissan could look into improving fuel economy.

Good Car!
By Larry

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall the Maxima is a good car. I came out of a BMW 550 so it was a little getting use too. The payment doesn't hurt as much! The CVT is strange in the beginning but is unnoticeable now. The car is deceiving, with the CVT you get the feeling that you are not going as fast as you actually are. Very roomy. Decent highway fuel mileage.

Navigation, iPod interface, key fob

Hard seats, XM traffic on NAV is useless, brakes are weak.

• SUV