2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
The Problem Car
By momadukes on 02/09/13 09:22 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My car was making a roaring noise so I took it to the dealer. The just about replaced the whole front it. The problems with the air condition was exhausting they had to replace the compressor, condenser and found out it was the intake sensor. Now the car is making a squeaking in the back which now it means it need shocks. This car has to many kinks in it that wasn't worked out.

Good for the money...just good
By bigeandkenna on 02/14/12 08:21 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have a base model with cloth seats. Basically a rental car. But you would never know it from 10 feet away. Same good looks, same wheels, same growl from the exhaust. This car has great power and handling for $31G. Average 19MPG of premium. 27 on long trips. This car has long legs and you find yourself driving too fast. Interior quality has been disappointing. Rocking drivers seat- replaced once and still rocks and at 28K miles the interior rattles. The CVT drops the RPM's to early on slow driving and it groans. Steering column locked up and needed replacement. Back seat is hard to get in and out of for taller persons but ok once inside.

2 years not a problem
By texdave on 06/05/11 16:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I leased the car new with a fantastic lease deal. It is fast and fun to drive. 21 mpg average city and highway driving and I drive fast. 45,000 miles and have had no problems with the car at all. I would highly recommend this car. Try to find a good deal on a used one.

Not Bad
By Tim B on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Got 24,500 miles and one front end accident, and car is still kicking. When I bought the car it had the wrong speedometer in it. Got the speedometer swapped after complaining. The car is smoth handles great, and is fast. Still I think it is over priced but no one can tell that mine is not the fully loaded sv model. I got a good deal on it

Always wanted one
By fammaxima on 06/24/10 08:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this car with 33,000 miles on it. My wife and I love it. And to boot, all three car seats fit in the back. The car seat fiasco was tough but it worked. The car drives very smoothly and for those speed freaks, this car can move. if you are looking for a car with some horse as well as room and comfort, then this car is for you.

Nissan Security Flawed
By MaximaT on 05/27/10 11:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I am a big Nissan Enthusiast and was very excited to get my 2009 Maxima. Overall it has been a great car, however, these week I was targeted by car thieves because they knew that the car had a security flaw. They were able to roll down both front windows unlock the doors and get in without setting off the alarm. When the police arrived they informed my that Maxima, Altima and G35 have had this issue since 2004! Why Nissan has not addressed this in the new Maxima model is beyond me. The estimate fix the damaged caused to the door skin and lock is over $1000 and I would still be vulnerable to future break ins. I am very disappointed in this development and Nissan's lack of accountability.

Power needs RWD or AWD
By jolros on 01/13/10 08:58 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've owned the basic, basic Maxima a year now. Great power. Need to merge on the freeway? no problem it'll suck everyone to the seat. Any pothole or uneven surface though will pull the car in the direction you're steering with the torque. I didn't get the 19" rims and regret it. It doesn't handle like my IS250, but will smoke it at any speed. Needs AWD or RWD, but nice and roomy, where my IS250 has a huge bump for the drive train. Get the high intensity lights too, I can't tell if my lights are on. I wish this car had half the turning radius of my IS250 which can u-turn in like 1 lane vs. 3 lanes for the Maxima. All in all, very pleased. 0-60 in 6.2sec by just mashing the gas. Its fun.

HOT HOT HOT!!
By Nor'-easter on 01/01/10 06:53 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I waited a year to write my review and I still love this car. It is fast, it corners, and it just wants to go!! It's like an anxious race horse at the starting gate. If you want to change lanes on the freeway - this car will throw you back in the seat from any speed. Most professional reviews fail to note that Nissan designs and builds race cars. I suspect most of the professional reviewers have not even driven this car. If you are any kind of a race enthusiast then you will not find a better ride for the money. It is just plain fun to drive.

I Am Extremely Satisfied
By Big Busa on 12/16/09 15:37 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is a beast! Love the power and the prowess. I love how she moves when I tell her to. My previous just thought about it. Guess you really cannot compare a Dodge Nitro and a Nissan Maxima but I must say, I LOVE THIS CAR. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a luxury car without the luxury price.

COULD BE BETTER.
By carlo on 09/29/09 17:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This Model has a very nice body style. Priced right and fun to drive. Until you make turns, when i make left or right turns into a small dip or driveway at speeds of no more then 2 mph. The struts make a ugly sound they don't take the impact at all. I went back to the dealer 3 times , a rep from Nissan took a look at it. For their fix they went to Home Depot brought a clear PVC tubing and weaved it through the struts to help with the bang. I still here the bang, and this is the best they can do after 35K.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan in WA is:

$171 per month*