2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Best Car Ever Owned
By ksp2trader on 03/25/13 23:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Without a doubt, the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned plenty. Hottest looking car on the road with its sexy lines, accelerates like it has a supercharged V8 with endless power (thanks CVT) and handles like a RWD sports car yet is still a awesome family car if need be. I own a White on Black with the Sport/Tech package SV (awesome Navi system), have 115k on the odometer and never had any major problems with the car. Looks, performance, reliability, I think I summed up the perfect car.

Lots of problems with memory seats
By jeayrs on 05/12/11 16:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car has a rough ride and lots of road noise when driving over about 30mph. Have taken mine into the shop 3 times because the memory seats will not hold what is programed into them. Also had a problem with the steering wheel falling and locking into the down position after turning off the car and then it would not come back up when ignition was started. Again, another trip back to the shop.

4 door Sports Car
By miles316 on 03/28/11 10:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The 4 door spots car indeed; My Nissan Maxima SV sport package, loaded. Your evaluation of this car will depend on your definition of driving. If you like hard cornering and accelerating adrenaline junky of a car, this is for you. If you want to drive in acute boredom, void of road feel with high speed cornering avoidance, look to Lexus and Cadillac DTS. You need to take this car by the scruffs; tame it like a bull, and you’d be laughing. I got my wife an Acura TL SH-AWD 2010; great car. The Acura tells you when you are going too fast. My Maxima says “is that all you’ve got” seducing you into losing your license. What a machine.

Maximize Your Ride
By johnnyboy8 on 03/14/11 22:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was looking for a fun, sporty, pre-driven sedan. I looked at a number of cars including the Acura TL and Cadillac CTS. This was a gorgeous car, but after reading the reviews, it appeared that buying it would be like having a beautiful blonde with STD's. Every review spoke of how often the car was in the shop. I was done then with the GM flagship. So I took a trip to the my local Nissan dealer and found the color I wanted. After 10 minutes of test driving the Maxima, I was hooked. It was smooth, roomy, powerful, comfrotable, and cornered like it was on rails. The technology in the premium package was as good as any Lexus or Mercedes. Best value and best decision I ever made!

The best MAX ever
By dk1navy on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have to tell everyone I'm totally enjoying the ride of the Maxima. When i drive it i feel like I'm in the Bat mobile. the car has great pickup and shift smoothly from one gear to the next. I just traded in my 2001 MAX for this 2009 and I feel like I jump into a time warp the features and style of driving is light years difference.

2009 problem
By Robert on 08/08/10 21:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Has anybody had a problem with the a/c not working while you are driving on a 2009 maxima. It works when the car is at idle but when you start driving it stops working. Had it in 5x to get it fixed and they can't fix it. I am now starting the process to have it come under the lemon law. Nissan said they would not do anything for me except take it back to the dealer to have them look at it again.

Great Blend of Handling, Ride, Power!
By hgwells on 07/03/10 22:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I found this car to be the best blend of looks, power, handling, ride, quality and fun-to-drive compared to Lexus 350, Infiniti G-37, BMW 328i and Hyundai Genesis. It is a great value and vastly under-rated in some professional car magazines. CVT transmission, HID headlights and audio system are among the best. (Somewhat taut suspension is fine on most roads but sensitive to poor ones.) I've had it 13 months and no problems at all. Service at two dealers has been fine.

45K+ miles and loving it...
By ricor25 on 03/10/10 16:41 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

2009 Maxima SV, (45,211 Miles) and by far the best car I have owned. I have had it for 16 months now. Handling is great and amazing great looks, love the body lines and hood. I have driven this car twice from the San Francisco to Washington D.C. and have enjoyed every minute driving it across the country without any problems. I have the technology package and love all the features that are available on it. stereo & interior comforts are excellent.

Very Nice ride
By T. O on 02/23/10 18:46 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had my Maxima for a year now. Owned a 2000 GLE prior to my 2009. The body style is one of the coolest cars on the road. I get compliments on a weekly basis. Got the sport package, 19'' rims, enjoy the XM radio. I had to buy the SV in order to get the XM so with the sport package that put me me up in the $33k range which is a lot for this car. What happened to the wood paneling? I've seen 97' Maxima's with wood grain and my $33k 2009 doesn't have it???? It lacks the true luxury feel without it. Had to replace a fuel pump in first 6 months but other than that the car has been reliable. The trunk is extremely heavy, turning radius is poor but it handles great! Overall I like the car

Best value in the segment
By Max on 02/06/10 20:34 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I researched vehicles for at least 1 year before purchasing my 09 SV Prem/Tech White/Caffe Latte Max. I have owned three previous Maxima bodystyles. Funny how many other reviews start out with mention of previous maxima ownership. That says a lot about this car. I love the style, power, options, reliability, and value. It was between this car and Hyundai Genesis 3.8 sedan, but I needed to have front wheel drive. I am very happy with this car and look forward to buying the next full updated model in 4-5 years. Only wish I had waited for rebate offers to save 6k or 0%, but you have to pay to play.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan in NJ is:

$255 per month*